Why can't I keep shrimp alive?

Well from what I hear I would actually have to run the RO directly into my piping, which I won't be able to do. At least that's what the guy at a LFS told me.
If it were something that I could just take out and use on water change day then put it away again, I would be more than happy to get one.

head down to safeway or even sprawlmart if you have to, bring gallon juggs, a five gallon bucket or a cooler...30 cents a gallon for rodi water. totally worth it if you dont have an ro unit in the house. water quality is important with the creatures we have in our tanks. dont be lazy and use tap water.

rc, a lot of people, like me, live in apartments or dorms and thats whats keeping me from investing in a unit. plus my only workout is hauling 15 gallons of water up a flight of steps once a week...

Well from what I hear I would actually have to run the RO directly into my piping, which I won't be able to do. At least that's what the guy at a LFS told me.
If it were something that I could just take out and use on water change day then put it away again, I would be more than happy to get one.

There are! It's called a portable unit. It will hook to your facet on your sink or on a graden hose facet. You can use and then store it away.

Thats just an excuse. I live in an apartment. I installed my RO unit under my kitchen sink. Took me a couple hours to get all the parts together. Had to run to Home Depot a couple times.

It's not hard. You just need to WANT to do it. When I move, I can unhook my RO unit and have it out in about 10 minutes. You'll never know it was even in there.

Don't make me take all the dish washing liquid and other household chemicals out from under my kitchen sink and take pictures for ya!! I'll do it!!! Don't think I won't do it!! :lol:

Last edited:

LIES! IT'S ALL LIES!

You can buy a faucet adapter. This will prevent you from having to attach it to your plumbing.

P U R E W A T E R C L U B they have a portable one that hooks to the facuet or you can get a big one and buy the addapter seperate from them

Yeah I tried to link from there to ask if the one I was thinking of was good, but for some reason every link to an individual unit just comes up as purewaterclub.com on my adress bar. Very strange.

But I definetly will invest in one before I move my aquariums around.

You can also do an on-line search for no name brands which will work and be much cheaper. It's amazing how much filter replacements cost but you can find them much cheaper with a little searching.

Back