why did my coco worm shed its crown?

beeguiles

they call me fish geek ;p
I've had this coco worm for 8-7 months and its always been happy and healthy. It's only been in two different spots during those 7-8 months and was happy. It's growing a new tube and was out almost all the time. All my parameters have stayed the same. Ammonia, zero, nitrite, zero, nitrate between 5-10. Last couple weeks he's been staying in his tube more and last night he shed half his crown and today he shed the other half. Is this normal periodic regrowth? This is the first time its happened.

Nope nothing ever touches it. I can still see it at the top of the tube. If he had a crown it would be out right now, but all there is, is the worm now.

These guys are very difficult to keep and few people can keep them longer than 6 months. They burn through their food reserves and then die. Sounds like yours is going downhill.

my coco shed its crown i freeked the hell out ,but from what ive heard that how they reproduce, he stayed with the other thought and in a months time his new one came in, the crown that fell i saw it open once then never saw it again , probably got eaten , just wait it out and keep everything in check it will regrow

Yea the first half is gone idk where it went. The second I pulled out. How long did you have yours before he shed the crown? I'm hoping mine grows back..

it regrew , and its healthy and growing its tube , since ive had it its grown like 3 inches ( not including the accidental breaks of the tube

Mine did not drop it's crown, but rather it has shriveled up a lot. I tapped the side of the tube and it slowly emerged and then went back down after awhile.

Sounds like I have a different problem a d probably a dead worm. What do you all think?

Hmm idk. How long had it been like that. If it comes out of the tube all the way then you're right, that means most likely its going to die but yours is still in the tube

im just going to put this out there with mine along with all my filter feeders i use the filter feeder formula i bought from reefcleaners it works wonders I'm not sure if john has it up any more but that stuff its just amazing i gave some to friends with feathers and flames and a year later the feathers are larger and the flames are still alive. my feather died in my crash but all my other micro feathers have grown and spread quite a bit. I'd give it a try and see if you could save it with that stuff.

Back