Why is my live rock turning white?? NEED HELP!!!!

Yeah I was just doing some testing on my water parameters and my Nitrate reading shot up to almost near stress level. My fishes seem ok, but is there a way to drop the nitrate levels in my tank. I cleaned my filters about a week ago. I only feed once a day. Should I skip a day of feeding?

I wouldn't skip feeding, that would stress them even more and probably wouldn't make a difference. The only surfire way to remove nitrates is to do a water change. How high was your reading? Nitrates won't hurt your fish until they get pretty high, so I'd just change some water depending on your levels. Doing regular water changes will help keep them under control.

Hey I noticed something interesting my rock turned white then I noticed that the white is starting to turn purple which tells me it is coraline in a juvenile state.

The new big beautiful purple rock I bought over the weekend is turning white. :( . I knew immidiatly to come to this thread! Glad I did. I am going to test my water. Hoping it's just the coraline adjusting.

Back