Why Tangs

Wes888

Reef enthusiast
I see lot of people stock quite a few flavors of tangs? I got my blue hippo because of Dory. But boy, do they poop! Why tangs? Especially the yellow one. Seems to be very popular. Just curious.

I love tangs, they are my favorite saltwater fish and they are REEF safe.

Tangs are a popular fish with alot to choose from. Yellow tangs usually end up in peoples tanks because they are pretty hardy.

I agree. They are very reef safe and are herbivores if you have any algea sprouting up. They are my favorite fish also. I have three.

029.jpg

1) They don't jump out of my tank.
2) They don't eat or pick at my corals (like Angels do-love them too)
3) Lots and lots or variety to choose from, i.e. color, style, size etc
4) Pretty hardy for the most part (Powder Blues seem to be an ick magnet)
5) Not overly priced, good value.
6) Great personalities
7) Easy to feed. Will eat almost anything, usually

Okay that's enough.

I'll also add that they're very active. They hardly ever hide, so you get to watch them and enjoy them. Not like my pair of mandarins that I see only three times a year.

1) They don't jump out of my tank. Most of the time
2) They don't eat or pick at my corals (like Angels do-love them too)Mine steals food from my corals:grumble:
3) Lots and lots or variety to choose from, i.e. color, style, size etcThis is true
4) Pretty hardy for the most part (Powder Blues seem to be an ick magnet)Cant argue with that
5) Not overly priced, good value.Most of the time
6) Great personalitiesMines an asshole
7) Easy to feed. Will eat almost anything, usuallyLike blooming pigs

Okay that's enough.

Thought I'd help ya out there a little David:D

Their eyes are big which gives you a sense of connection- where most other fish jump away from you- the sleek body and speed of grazing is like a race car and the variety of colors is alluring. You know it's a tang when you see it. i had bulldogs and no one ever came up to me and asked " is that a Retriever?"

LOL-

I learned that the hard way! he came and has gone already!

I have a sohol that was donated to my 850 because he was a :pooh:hole :) He has been a perfect angel in my tank (knock on wood). But my tank is larger then most, I would never put one in my 180.

My blue hippo tangs will tease him it is pretty funny. they will sneak up behind him "sammy" and nip at his tail when he turns around to get them they have already swam away. Its pretty funny to watch.

I have a sohol that was donated to my 850 because he was a :pooh:hole :) He has been a perfect angel in my tank (knock on wood). But my tank is larger then most, I would never put one in my 180.

My blue hippo tangs will tease him it is pretty funny. they will sneak up behind him "sammy" and nip at his tail when he turns around to get them they have already swam away. Its pretty funny to watch.
Just kills me winy wouldnt put one in her "little" tank its just a 180:grumble:

Back