Why???????

ltljoker

The Great Tang Herder
Well I am at a crossroads today.:shock: Yesterday my beloved clown tang(mystic) passed away.:death: I just dont understand it. All day long she was swimming and showed no sighns of stress or distress she wasnt having any problems breathing. :shock:While I was out shoping for curtains for the new house my daughter calls me and tel m my clown tang was laying on the bottom breathing rapidly:frustrat:. I rushed home hopeing to save her but couldnt.:frustrat:. Does anyone else feel helpless when we dont know what went wrong. :bowdown:. You know what I mean, some f my fish I have had for a year and just thrive but alas what to do.......:grumble: Just needed to vent :mrgreen:

That's sad to hear . No one likes to loose any fish we have. Most of the time there is nothing you can do, your right. How long did you have her?

We have had her for 2 months but alot of people say that the clown tang is real sensative and hard to keep. But I have one on order and will try 1 more time. fit fails then thats just one more fish am not supposed to have :frustrat::frustrat::frustrat:

So Sorry to hear it #1. I know how much you liked that fish. I hope the next one works out better for you. We all feel discouraged when something happens that we cannot control so don't feel bad. By the time they are on the bottom like that, there was probably nothing you could have done. I know how frustrating it is though to want an explanation, and not get one. Sorry bud!

awww....sorry to here...it definitely is harder to take a loss when you don't know what caused it. Good luck with the second one.

Sorry #1 & #2
I know that was one of your favorite fish. This has happened to me on more than one occasion. You are always left wondering WTF happened? What did I do? What could I have done differently? Most of the time we have no answers and that's probably what sucks most of all. Sorry for you loss.

Sorry to hear that.If always tough to loose anything in our tanks.
But its also a chance we take with this hobby.It still sux though.

they can be sensitive fish as any tang can be but after having for 2 months it should have been over the hump of doing well or not

I am on my 3rd hippo tang. I bought the first one from a friend, had it for a few mos and it died. Bought another one too young and it didn't make it. Then I swore off buying fish at TFP in Lancaster, PA and stuck exclusively to craigslist. I rescued a foxface and hippo from some guys tank I was buying mushrooms from and brought that home. This fish was white. You could barely distinguish between him and bottom of the bucket I brought him home in. I swore this would be my last shot with them and he is still kicking a year later. Aquariums are a fickle companion, but when it all works well, there is nothing like it.

Sorry to hear about your loss. And good luck with the move.

sorry to hear of your loss guys God just wanted another cool fish for he's massive tank.

Sorry about your tang. There is probably nothing you could have done. They just don't live long in captivity. I don't know anyone that has been able to keep one alive longer than a few months. They should be left in the ocean. I strongly urge you to reconsider the second one you have on order. The reason they are still caught is because people still insist on buying them.

Back