Wicked Clam

Thanks for raining on my parade Fast! :)

I've never seen a clam like that before, locally or on the net

I have a Derasa right now and I'm thinking about adding another clam of some sort, I can't beleive how fast my clam is growing

LOL, not trying to rain on your parade, sorry about that. I did say it was a sweet looking clam. I just have the good luck of living on the west coast where most of the wholesalers are is all. I say if you like it, and you can afford it, go get it.

Yeah, I've read that most clams acutally come from Vienam, I've just never seen one the one on Divers Den. Fast has seen them on the west coast, apparently we dont get the 'cool' clams up here in Wisconsin

In my pico, the clam is about 10" to 12" below the light. In my 90, the clam is at the bottom, and the lights are well, up top. Hahaha. Maybe 30" or so?

Dana - my clam is under LEDs and has done absolutely awesome - before the Majestic Angel decided that clams were a food source :frustrat:. I took a clear tupperware container and poked a few holes in it and placed it over the clam, hopefully he will open up again and not starve

Anyway, as far as where you place the clams, that depends on the clam, and probably the lighting as well. Derasa and Squamosa clams like the sand, and are found in much deeper water than maxima's or crocea clams. Also, if you get a larger derasa clam, they tend not to attach to anything with byssal threads, which means they can be moved around the tank if need be.

This is totally off subject, but there is a LFS downtown called Best Fish, if you havent been there yet, you should stop there the next time you come up to Aquatics Unlimited. After finding Best Fish through the local reef club, I dont even shop at Aquatics anymore. If you're interested PM me, I can send you the address and the link to thier stock list

Back