Wierd clown behavior

MikMcgyver

Vlamingi owner 4 life!
Hey all,

Question about some wierd fish behavior I have seen over the last few days. I did a aquascape 2 weeks ago and make a few tunnels and ledges for my clowfish to swim thru and play in. All has been well till 2-3 days ago. My Percula clown likes to hang out inside one of the tunnels flippin its tail around and stirring up the sand creating a huge sandstorm. It does come out sometimes, but lately has just been hanging out under the tunnel. The other clown, a false clown, is a lil smaller and cruises the tank like normal.:helm2:

Is this wierd behavior?

Yup My tomato clown Tosses CC all over the place He has 1 corner that is his. And it MUST BE A BARE BOTTOM! I fill the corner back up with CC and he pushes it back out every night.

clowns are weird..my tomato tosses away anything that gets close to his corner..it carries it in his mouth and spillled it away..hermits, serpent stars, whatever..

the maroon clown in my work tank uses his tail and flips all the sand around his LTA til there is a bare bottom. He is weird, hence the comical name "clown fish".

-Dr Marco :sfish:

I had a Seba Clown that was bad about that.My pair of Ocelliars clowns hasnt done it YET.But im sure they will eventually.

Back