Wife and I are talking about moving

Gdbyrd

life's a beach
So this is something that's been coming up for awhile. We're starting to outgrow the house but it's happening faster than we had expected. We're currently looking around for another house. But more than likely it'll be us selling our house, living somewhere temporarliy, then moving into our home.

I'm wondering how I'm going to move my tank. Actually I'm going to be upgrading to a larger tank..probably a 75 or 90. So this will be quite the little journey.

Do you guys just use lots of tupperware? It's going to be hard for me to do this because the other tank is going to have to cycle isn't it? So this stuff could be in tupperware for awhile right?

i would get a new tank when you move... and use cured LR, cured sand and as much of the old water as possible and this would decrease the cycle. This way you could just transfer your tank once and be done, not transfer it over and then do it again when you get a bigger tank. As far the actual moving process, yeah tupperware and lots of 5gal buckets should get it all done.

If you use the same rock and some of the old water, the new tank usually won't go through a cycle. Your livestock won't be able to live in containers or buckets for more than a day or two, so if you are planning on keeping them long-term, you're going to need to make a different plan.

5 gallon buckets from Lowe's or Home Depot will do the trick though. Lots and lots of them (I used 20 when I recently moved :shock:).

i went to target and bought some of the 18gl tubs they have for christmas decorations and put in all my water and rocks/corals and stuck in a powerhead and the heater on em for a night while i let the sand and things settle down some in the new tank, if possible try to save as much as the original stuff as you can, its a good time to clean the sand if its needed.... lots of tubs and paitence is the key.... i also bagged all my fish and floated them in the tub with the rocks and corals so they stayed warm during our move... only lost a skunk shrimp but he wasn't doing that great to begin with...

Back