wild caught percula

hollywood11892

Reefing newb
just wondering because i already have a pair or tank bred, but i was thinking hypothetically if i purchased a pair of wild caught percula clowns would they host an anemone easier? because they have already been exposed to them in the ocean? and because they are more mature would they pair up easier as well? i know they arnt as hardy or do as well as tank bred in captivity but i was wondering.

There is no gaurentee that ANY clown will host anything first off. Secondly clowns are members of the damsel family. Putting more in there is asking for them to fight to the death. I wouldnt do it.

When my husband was in Okinawa he swam with a few wild clownfish, however there was not an anemone in sight. Being wild doesnt mean that they had a anemone A lot of people here will tell you the weird things their clownfish host. Both of mine will host the anemone I have, however my female is a big brat and doesnt share. So my male hosts the powerhead.

If you were to get any nem I would say a BTA is the way to go, the only nem that I know of that hosts more fish then the BTA is the sebae, and they are notoriously hard to keep. This I know from experience

ya i have a gbta and i just lost my rose im not sure to what but iwas declining for a few months but all my sps lps and zoas look amazing and are growing like weeds, but my gbta looks good and clowns dont even pay attention to it

ya i have a gbta and i just lost my rose im not sure to what but iwas declining for a few months but all my sps lps and zoas look amazing and are growing like weeds, but my gbta looks good and clowns dont even pay attention to it

It can take a LONG time from what I have heard. Mine hosted quickly, however I know of a few people who took over 6 months to have their fish host a BTA.

this is funny haha so i just got home from school and was melting the frozen food to feed my tank and to my surprise my female clown dives straight in to my green bubble anemone this is the first time shes ever done it and after feeding shes done it like 2 or 3 more times :D this is great i love it, i wonder if my male willl follow.

Back