Wild Percula

UnderwaterWorld

Reef enthusiast
I got mine on friday and he hasn't seemed to be eating the last two days but he is perfectly fine otherwise. The other fish I got are pigging out on it.

I'm feeding rods food soaked in Selcon.

another question also how long does it take for a cleaner shrimp and the fish to come together? The cleaner has tried to clean them but they don't let him I haven't seen him try in a few days they swim too high

clowns usually don't let cleaners take care of them. Just been my experience. I had 6 different clowns over the years and countless damsels and none of them have ever been cleaned by a shrimp.

-Doc

Most clowns don't let skunk cleaners clean them.I had maroons and clarkii allow cleaners though.Try feeding the clown thats not eating food soaked in garlic extract.If it continues to not eat then it could have internal parasites.

Did this clown ever eat?

Ok I'll try that.

I think he did atleast friday but I may have been wrong because the other two eat like crazy.

what do u do for the internal parasites? and how long could it live

how do I know if he has an internal parasite???

what do I do for a Q tank? Do I just get like a 5 gallon tank and put saltwater in it? Do I aclimate him or just put him in? What does the tank need

Last edited:
All a Q-tank needs is a heater,a HOB filter,and maybe some PVC pipe.
As long as the temp and salinity match your display tank,then you can just place him straight in.

how do I know if he has an internal parasite???

what do I do for a Q tank? Do I just get like a 5 gallon tank and put saltwater in it? Do I aclimate him or just put him in? What does the tank need

Its just a guessing game if it has internal parasite.Usually a lack of appetite is a first sign.At its late stage would you see leisons.The leison is a good indication that the host will die soon and the fluke/worm might start looking for a new host.The Prazi-Pro works as a preventive measure as well as a treatment.All you need in a QT is a heater,powerhead for circulation,pvc pipe so the fish can have a little security and water from the main display.

ok so when should i put him in the Q tank? How long should I give him to eat

Are there any other products that petco sells that would do the job so I don't have to order it and wait for shipping?

Sure,go to Petsmart or your LFS.They may have that product or another kind that works for internal parasites.I only recommended the Prazi-Pro because it seems like the number one choice people use for treating parasites.I would look for a medication that contains praziquantel before trying a different kind.

The key word here is internal parasites.Some medication only works for external only.
The Prazi-Pro works for both.

you will know if it is an internal parasite if your fish just up and dies on you for no good reason...;)

-Doc

Back