Will a 150 fit under a 300 Marineland Monterey

M3AN ONE

Reefing newb
Will a 150 gallon Sump L H W 72x27x18 fit under a 300 Gallon 72" x 36" x 63-1/2" stand included
high 72" x 36" x 27" high 72" x 36" tank only?
I am thinking about Marineland Monterey Deep Dimension 300 gallon

You should be able to get the dimensions of the Marineland stand on their website, a LFS that carriers them, or by calling Marineland

I don't think I'd try it. Most importantly, the internal dimensions of the stand are likely going to be slightly smaller than the 72" in length. For a stand that size there is likely a couple of braces that you will need to remove to fit the 150 inside - which isn't a problem as long as you do it before you put water in the tank and can reconnect them without compromising the weight-bearing integrity of the stand. I'd also check with marineland to find out the height of the doors on the stand - you'll want to make sure what you have enough clearence to get equipment in and out of the sump (such as the skimmer collection cup, etc) and room to work inside the stand to make plumbing adjustments, move things around in your sump, etc - esp. important if you are going with a 150 tall. Finally, that's going to be a lot of weight for the stand to support - not only the filled weight of the 300, but also at least half filled weight of the 150 plus equipment, live rock, etc. I'd definitely find out from marineland whether the stand can support that much weight, and whether that area of your floor can support that much weight!

I think if you have the option to put the 150 behind the wall in a different room (such as a closet) or in the basement and plumb it into your 300, that would be the better way to go.

In theory putting it behind the tank would work, but that is an awful lot of weight. Is this on a concrete slab or your standard floor? You may want to double up the floor joists before putting this setup in place

Back