Will a coral beauty eat my Brain Coral?

Humuhumununu

Reefing newb
I want to add a coral beauty to my reef tank, and yes, I do know that they will go after some corals, but I have a way around that. However, I wonder if an Open Brain Coral would be too tempting. My friend has an adult Emperor Angel in a 600 gallon reef tank, but it always tried to eat the brain coral. It was fine with everything else. Will the same thing happen if I get a Coral Beauty in my 125 gallon tank?

any angel has a risk of nipping at corals, try your "secret" weapon but whatever it is, others probably have tried it, ive have gotten lucky to have angels never pic at my corals , but then again ive had some nip nonstop,

its just chance hit and miss

I don't think a coral beauty will bother with an open brain. They are considered "reef safe with caution". I've had a coral beauty for years and it never bothered anything, but others that have had them have had the fish eat all sorts of corals. It's a 50/50 chance with those guys -- very different than the odds with an emperor angel!

I have a coral beauty & flame angel that don't touch coral at all. I hope you secret weapon is to keep them WELL FED b/c nothing else will work!!

Back