Will a Lion Fish Eat a Small Orange?

Tristan

Detritus
My lfs hasn't found a mandarin fish yet but they have lots of lionfishes, if i get the lion fish, will it be able to coexist with a mandarin, or will it just devour it?

Get a Dwarf Lionfish Tristan. I have had one for about 9 months and I also have a small Red Scooter in the same tank and he doesn't bother it at all.

A lionfish and a mandrine in the same tank :shock:

That would be like puttin me in a cell with a couple of environmental extremest bunny humpers.:mrgreen: SOMEBODIES gonna get a whoopin :D

I've had my dwarf lion for a few months now and it coexsists with my mandarin. Of course the Mandarin's been there for a lot longer so that may be the key.

Only thing the Lion has ever eaten was a peppermint shrimp. Got 3 of them like 2 weeks ago and he instantly picked one of them off. He doesn't bother my cleaner shrimp at all though, in fact I've caught him cleaning the lion :shock:

Edit: Just caught a pic of them in the same shot:
BorisandJebinpeace.jpg

Last edited:
What other fishies do you have with your dwarf lion, I would love to put one in my tank but im not sure what else can live happily with it.

I have 2 Firefish, and a juvi Emperior Anglefish, and a Red Scooter Blenny. Snails and Hermits and a very large Green Brittle Starfish as well. I feed at least once a day and sometimes twice a day. I keep them well feed.

Back