Will a Snowflake eel eat a mandrin goby? or red scooter blenny

superior

Reefing newb
Hello,

I have my tank 250 gallon with lots of rock (over 250-300 lbs) there is plenty of hiding spaces. The rocks have been stacked very high (with drilled holes and acrylic rods joining them together to make the stack secure) my tank is about 36 inches tall.

My girlfriend just bought me a snowflake eel. I am planning on adding a mandrin goby and a red scooter blenny into my tank. Will the snowflake eel eat them?

the snowflake eel is medium sized. So far in my tank I have a Sailfain tang, yellow eye tang, big eyed soilder fish, and a rabbit fish, I have some hermit crabs, emerald crabs, snails, and a feather duster in my tank. There are currently no live corals (I'm planning on adding corals in a month or two.)

ANY RECOMMENDATIONS? Thanks

my guess is if the eel is large enough and they get too close that it would, however i dont have any real eel experience so ill wait for somebody else to confirm or deny that.

Alexander is right.
If the snowflake can get a hold of either one,its pretty much just an expensive snack.

The answer is yes. Eels are predators. They do best in a predator tank, or in a reef tank where the fishes are bigger than it.

you also have to keep in mind that eels are opportunistic feeders and can go weeks without eating if they dont get the chance to catch there prey

In a 250g tank it should be fine, but if the eel is hungry and the fish is an easy catch (slow swimmers), which mandarins and scooter blennies are, they can become a snack.

make sure it is fed enough and you should be ok. In a smaller tank the chances are higher, but the larger tank should provide enough room and hiding spots for the smaller fish to run to.

Back