will fishbait get a build thread?

fishbait

I found Nemo
i have noticed over the last two weeks that there has been salt creep on the plastic trim at the bottom of my tank. i thought it may have been from water splashing and running down the from of the glass from normal cleanings, glass wiping, or sticking my hand in the tank to rescue a feather duster or polyp from a hermit crab. i havent noticed it wet until this morning. this means my tank is leaking:(
but, this also means that i have the chance to possibly upgrade:bounce::bounce: woo hoo! dancing bananas for me! there's no way in hell i'm taking every thing out of the dinky 55 gallon, drying and cleaning the tank, re-siliconing everything, then putting it all back together just to see if i fixed the leak.
i'm going to try and upgrade to at least a 75 gallon. i know that's not a big leap but a 75 gallon has much better aguascaping potential than the 55. whatever size i get i need to stick with something 48" long so i don't have to immediately upgrade my lighting. maybe just suppliment with a MH pendant or a t-5 retro kit or something. does any know how long a 90 gallon is? that is one size that i'm kicking around in my head. i'm going to go to a lfs today and get some prices. my normal lfs is closed today. so i may have to continue my shopping tommorrow.

I dont remember the exact measurments,but I think a 90 is just a little bit taller than a 75.Both are 48 inches long.The 90 might be a little wider too.Im not sure on that.

90's are the same size as 75's just taller. 48"L x 18"W and I dont know how tall. I would go for a 90 over a 75 the stand and light will all cost you about the same

Yeah have you consider a bow front.An 80g Perfecto or 72g. AGA.They have there aquascaping difficulties too.The 90g. is the same size footprint as a 75 just taller.Congrats and good luck.

yes, i looove the bowfronts. i looked at one today. i can get a 75 gallon tank for 135.00. then a 72 bowfront was around 325. big price difference. i will check with my normal lfs tommorow (he is closed on sundays) i think he priced me a RR 75 gallon oceanic tank a few months ago for 160.00.

Well, with Biff getting a 240 and everyone else around here talking like a 55g is small :grumble: seams my little 30g would be considered a nano. :mrgreen:

I DO have SERIOUS "gallonitus" syndrome and I can just see myself jumping to a 100g in the next 12 months.

Go for it fishbait!! Put up a build thread and wear out the batts on the camera!! I'll catch up next year.

lol, it may be next year before i get one by the responce that i got from my wife. i will have to work on her for a while before i can get one.

Just dont let her keep you hanging untill the bottom falls out of your 55.That'll give her a good excuse to just poison you AFTER you replace the floor.

yeah i know. she's at her delicate time of the month right now. i'll give her another week. when i found out the tank was leaking she seemed to be all for it. shoot, she even discussed what a pain it was going to be (for me) to move everything to another tank. then three hours later she was all bla bla hiss hiss about it. freakin moody women! i should have been one of those hermits....a hermit with a big ass reef tank!

Well, with Biff getting a 240 and everyone else around here talking like a 55g is small :grumble: seams my little 30g would be considered a nano. :mrgreen:

I DO have SERIOUS "gallonitus" syndrome and I can just see myself jumping to a 100g in the next 12 months.

Go for it fishbait!! Put up a build thread and wear out the batts on the camera!! I'll catch up next year.

I just upgraded from a 55 to a 75 and I already feel like my tanks to small. Come on people with your 120-250 gallons give us a break!

i should have been one of those hermits....a hermit with a big ass reef tank!

well im no hermit, but i am one bad ass bachelor/single dad and the only person i have to get to agree with me is a 27 yr old male. hence the reason why I have a 180gallon 80gallon and a 36 gallon all in one house. and my son loves it too! Future wife will have nothing to say about existing equipment :) only can bitch about future upgrades :mrgreen:

I planned ahead ! I purpously put fish that will Far out grow a 55 Gallon
When the Fish's Lives are at stake I get a bigger Tank !
muhaa ha ha ha ha !!! ( rubs hands greedily)

so that means mines are micro nano..everybody is going big..cant afford rigth now a bigger tank..ill just sit and wait..having the ocean so close i could stock it in a second..im happy for yall..also learning a lot from your threads cause i hope my time will come...

Back