Will it work

Silicone will not adhere to acrylic well enough for me to trust it on anything but baffles inside a tank. Glass, yes. I would not build an acrylic sump with anything but Weld-On. I'd keep looking if I were you. Can you buy it online?

yea you can buy it online and it looks like thats what i am going to have to do. i might build me a tank out of acrlyic as well. i saw a sheet 48"x96" 1/2" thick for $300. i was looking at the DIY for making an acrlyic tank and i htink i am do it YOU CAN DO IT :bounce: (howie mandell in waterboy i think)

good luck with that. I have pondered the idea myself. but with my carpenter type skills, It would end up looking like one of those birdhouses that the little retarted kid on t.v. builds in woodshop.

I was going to try building aquarium stuff with acrylic, until I realized how expensive the crap is... It was cheaper to buy a brand new nano cube than to build just the structure out of acrylic similarly sized. But a sump would be cheaper to build than buy I can imagine, those things are outrageous anywhere you go.

Back