will my ducan grow?

beeguiles

they call me fish geek ;p
I got a Duncan frag back in November and it hasn't grown any new heads yet! I thought they grew fast? I have seen your guys duncans growing like crazy. My one Duncan I stuck in a little notch in the rock and now maybe I was thinking it doesn't have room to grow new heads or I'm just thinking too much into...anyways take a look and let me know what y'all think?

IMAG1620.jpg

I got a duncan last march. Single head, it is finally growing new heads. I think that they might need to heal a bit after being fragged before they star growing new heads

Mine took months to sprout new heads. And now, it's unstoppable! Yours will take off Brittany, maybe just give it a little time? I never feed mine.

i feed mine like a pig and in less than 3-4 months it grew 7 heads, i stopped feeding it like a pig and it slowed down , lol

I had a duncan that sprouted 6 baby heads within a month of me putting it in my tank. In the same tank, I had a second duncan that never grew any babies. I think it depends on the individual coral. Yours looks healthy -- maybe it's just slow?

I just bought a duncan about two weeks ago, it had 5 heads on it. Now it has two new baby heads coming out. I spot feed mine mysis every other day

Maybe ill just start feeding it more and see what happens. I wanted them to be like space fillers so I want those babies to grow! Lol they are slow turds.

I think if you feed it mysis or brine once-two a week, you'll see growth within a month usually.

I have a newb question about duncans though. I got a frag and was wondering will the frag grow? like with the skeleton expand and occupy more space? or will it just grow as many heads as possible on the current skeleton? I really want this coral to expand. Is it possible?

The skeleton will grow, but it depends on the flow. Generally they tend to grow tightly. I'd suggest keeping your calcium up and spot feeding them cyclopeeze. My previous tank had amazing growth with them once I switched to that stuff.

I an new to the hobby.. about a year.. I have mine on the ground and feed it tiny pieces of silverside or shrimp.. anything meaty.. whatever i feed my eels.. and they do grow. Hope i helped some

I got a feeling that it is still in the healing process after you have bought it before it will start growing new heads. Anyway, is the food sufficient? Mysis should be alright. Just give it time and do update if there’s any new development.

Back