will my green algea kill my new zoo??

ZOOT098

Reefing newb
got an awesome zoo very cheap
so even though its a little early i bought it and put it in my tank
im going through a green algea bloom and besides water changes and keeping my parameters in check, time is what i think i need

will this algea kill my zoo
should i put it closer to the surface of the water so the light is getting to it (the tank is really cloudy)

should i put it in my fuge which is much clearer????

is it a small frag? or a full colony? you could probably find a place near the substrate to put it. algea gets less light down and is usually not as thick there. you could even use some rubble rock if you have any about 3" or bigger and if it's a frag glue the frag to that rubble rock and place it on the substrate that'll make it easier to take that colony and move it from place to place and to take it out and clean it if that rock begins to be overcome by algea

a full colony should be ok just place it lower in the tank somewhere where you have less algae that could try to smother it.

would it hurt to put it in my fuge??

its very clear, 5 gallon, moderate flow, and plenty of light
has some live rock and cheato

I put my zoas in my sump when I was going through red algae. They should be alright just keep a eye on them and make sure they open. They shold also be alright in the MT just keep a eye on them. If algae gets on them just wripe it off before it has time to spread.

Back