will nutrient export help?

beeguiles

they call me fish geek ;p
Hi eveyone. In the last couple weeks cyano has been growing in my 10g tank. Tank is still new. Only a few months old. I did have a problem with cyano in my 29g when I first set it up but after adding powerheads and using the red slime remover it hasn't come back since. Don't really wanna use the slime remover unless I have to. My question is....I am converting my aqua clear filter into a fuge. Just ordered the light actually. Will growing some macro algae starve out the red slime so it stops growing? I also plan on adding more flow as well.

i had the same problem when i first set up my ten. i had one aquaclear70 full of live rock. as soon as i added an extra aquaclear70 i had laying around and filled it too with rock all the algae stopped growing after my snails and crabs chomped it all down.

Hmm well I only have the one ac 70 filter. I'll just stuff it with chaeto and some rubble. Thanks guys. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't wasting my time if its not going to help.

itll be alrite...just takes time. usually new tanks are prone to algae issues anyway...
i think i wanna eventually switch to just having 1 aquaclear 120 or whatever the next biggest one is.
just to have as much live rock and water volume as i can without having a sump and to get that water churning a little bit faster without having to add another powerhead.

Last edited:
Yea that's a good idea cheeser. It would put out an insane amount of flow tho. I had to cover the intake of the 70. I don't need high flow for my corals tho.

Back