will this be OK

imdaring

love my reef
OK I;m going to start my small frag tank and I don'y want to spend alot on this unit because I will be going larger when we move into our new house I bought a energy smart day light 6500K 60wt I start a 10 gallon frag tank?? will thank work ?

I started some of my frags and have been placing them in my tank Well my problem is I have a black velvet that will not stop picking at them :grumble: so I decided to start with the 10 gal untill we move beacuse I need to get them out of my tank or I will not have any left. I fragged my mushroom I have about 15 of them and that thing has eaten all of them but 2 :shock: I want to give it back to the LFS but I can't catch him!!!

that light should work, i dont see why it wont, 6wpg but that bulb might giver off a weird color to the eye, i would probably change it to a 10,000k

That bulb might be OK for mushrooms, zoa's and some soft coral like kenya trees (Biff can donate some to you). No where near enough PAR (photosynthetically active radiation) for LPS or SPS.

Capt is right MAYBE shrooms. Add to that 6.5k is a perfect spectrum for algae growth... So unless your going to have a fuge or run phosban you'll probably have an algae problem.

A 10g frag tank would be cool with a 70w mh, you can get one pretty cheap and just build a hood or pendent for it.

Back