Will this be too much for a 50 to 55 gallon tank?

biodarwin

Reefing newb
2 Clownfish (Ocellarius / Fake)

1 Tail Spot Blenny

1 Royal Gramma Basslet
1 Firefish Goby

1 Blue/Green Reef Chromis

1 Skunk Shrimp
1 Peppermint Shrimp
Some sort of snails

This is a list that I have come up with of fish that I will want to put into my tank once it cycles. I totally understand that it takes time and you introduce them slowly. Would the list above work together as in not killing each other :) Would this be too ambitious of a goal? Is there anything you would add or subtract? My aquarium will have a top so jumpers are not a problem.

I agree with the above. Do away with the chromis. Another firefish would be good. Be sure to add the peaceful fish first.

Do the clownfishes last.They can be super aggressive to the other fish,especially if they get establish before the other ones do.Good choices.

yeah nice choices. +1 everyone. i wouldnt do just one chromis as said before. theyre not super happy alone although they still survive.

A chromis' chance of survival is much lower if it's the only chromis in the tank. They are a lot more nervous and stressed if they are alone. But the number of fish you have proposed will be good.

Yea every one is right,I had two cromis and they did fine but when one died the other one was very stressed and constantly paced the my tank and later died. but they are very cool when you have 3-4-5 schooling

2 Gold Band Maroon Clownfish
1 Yellow Watchman Goby 3”

1 Firefish Goby 3”
1 Royal Gramma Basslet 3”
1 Blue Damselfish 2”

I switched it up a bit. I paid for my tank today. It was been running for about 2 months. It came with 10lbs of live rock. I purchased 20lbs more. It will be setup Monday.

I figured the order of fish would be:

the gobies
basslet
damsel
clowns

I know the damsel and the clowns are semi-aggressive, will the firefish have problems with this? I figured the watchman would be ok since he burrows down?

Last edited:
Why the damsel? It's very very aggressive. To the point that it may even kill your other fish. At least the clowns will fight back against it.

+1 Biff. I had yellow tailed Damsels, considered the least aggressive of Damsels. They didn't do well between themselves, and even worse with other fish.

Back