Winnie's 120G Starphire Upgrade!

our new tank mate.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuY7O46_XQw]‪Engineer Goby, Convict blenny, 120 gallon reef tank‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

my plate coral looks just like that, how long have you had yours and does its polyps ever extend? i figured mine was dying but they look the same color

He's prolly going to burry whatever is on your sand bed.....jus sayin..id watch that plate coral. A buddy of mine had one and he couldnt keep anything on the sandbed because the engineer goby would burry it.

He's prolly going to burry whatever is on your sand bed.....jus sayin..id watch that plate coral. A buddy of mine had one and he couldnt keep anything on the sandbed because the engineer goby would burry it.

He seems like he is only digging in the back of the tank, but if it becomes a problem I'll sell it.

my plate coral looks just like that, how long have you had yours and does its polyps ever extend? i figured mine was dying but they look the same color

Ours bleached pretty badly with the LED lights. I put it in a cave for a while and it has seemed to recover. It extends it's polyps every night and it eats all the time.

yeah mine bleached near its mouth and on about 30% of the coral, i could have sworn it was going to die but within the past few days ive noticed the meaty flesh purple up and begin to be a little more puffy so hopefully its coming back. ive had it about a month now. should i put mine in shade? my lighting isnt intense so i dont know if that is the case but from that video, they looked identical. i've yet to see its polyps tho :\

yeah mine bleached near its mouth and on about 30% of the coral, i could have sworn it was going to die but within the past few days ive noticed the meaty flesh purple up and begin to be a little more puffy so hopefully its coming back. ive had it about a month now. should i put mine in shade? my lighting isnt intense so i dont know if that is the case but from that video, they looked identical. i've yet to see its polyps tho :\

Ours never fully came back, but it is still eating and putting out it's polyps. I don't know if putting it in the shade was that important but you can try it. I'm still pretty new at this so I would ask someone who knows what they are doing.

-Matt

Bitter sweet news....

Matt and I are moving to NYC in two weeks, so we had to break the tank down. Our friend who owns the LFS offered to take it to the shop and sell it for us. Matt got a job as a pilot for US airways (yay!), and we are super excited to move to Manhattan. But, obviously bummed about getting rid of the tank after not even a year.

We're not sure if we will be able to set anything up in ny. Our apartment is only 650 square feet. Regardless, we will continue lurking around here, and will be living vicariously through your tanks and experiences!

Sad news. Did u already sell all your equipment? I woulda been interested in your LEDs .if u still have them pm me. Your could always do a EcoPico or a bio cube. Jus a thought.

Back