wiped?!

PufferGuy

Reefing newb
i woke up this morning and my Royal Gramma is dead... he has cloudy eyes kind of but not showing any other kinds of signs. I saw him scratch himself on rocks yesterday but he didnt look bad enough to think anything of it.

i saw my six line scratch himself on the rocks today... anyone have any ideas??? The only thing i have done in the past couple days is change a little water and i tried to bring the salinity down a bit. It was 3gal of saltwater and 2 of RO and i added it pretty slow, over the course of 2 days.

I checked parameters yesterday and all looked fine, ill check again today and post it here... i dunno what to do.

I think scratching is an early sign of ich, but I'm not 100% sure. I haven't had an attack in my tanks yet thank god, but when I had freshwater, I had an outbreak once. Even if you don't see the spots yet, the scratching may tell you it's there.

Not 100% sure, though.

I think scratching is an early sign of ich, but I'm not 100% sure. I haven't had an attack in my tanks yet thank god, but when I had freshwater, I had an outbreak once. Even if you don't see the spots yet, the scratching may tell you it's there.

Not 100% sure, though.
+1 wonton

The scratinch could be ich or another parasite. is the fish eating? If its eating and not showing any other signs besides scratching, i would leave it alone.

You can do a fresh water dip to relieve some of its irritations temporarily, but if you go through the trouble of catching it, i would just quarantine and treat it, instead of putting it back in the DT

well i did a freshwater dip for the clowns, who werent showing signs that bad and then i had the hardest time catching my coral beauty who was scratching all the time... i did a fw dip for him also but now he's not looking good at all. i dont think he's gonna make it.

how are you supposed to do a freshwater dip then? i thought that was how you do it... and im like 99% sure its ick because i can see really tiny spots now.

if it is ick and all my fish do die, how long should i wait before adding fish again.

also, how prone do you think my white ribbon eel is to getting the ick and dying??

How many fish in the tank have ich right now? Are they eating? Do they show any other signs of bad health besides scratching (breathing fast, hiding, cant keep balance etc)?

Do you have a QT?

you use ro water with an air stone and preferably methylene blue and keep your fish in there from 5-10 minutes if they dont stress out. but the reason i said dont put them right back in the tank is because your putting them right back into the parasite tank and they will get ich again, you need to move them to a parasite free tank for 6 weeks to let the ich die off in the DT

+1 dustin

and im asking if they are eating to see if they can fight it off themselves without causing them any additional and unnecessary stress.

well there are 3 fish alive in the tank now, 2 clowns and a 6line. I didnt see any other signs, i suppose one of the clowns has a slight balance issue but thats hard to judge since they swim all goofy anyway. The sixline is scratching and im sure he has spots.. he just doesnt sit still long enough for me to get a good look at him. The eel is inside his rock and hes white so i definitely couldnt see anything on him.

i fed the tank today and all the fish ate, including the coral beauty which later died. I have a 10gal tank that i could turn into a QT but i dont have water for it right now so the soonest it would be up would be monday since i have to get water over the weekend from back home.

and yeah i figured it would be best to QT after the FW dip, but as stated above im not really prepared for a qt.

you ninja'd right in there... ok will do, i hope they make it...

oh and also, any of you guys ever see a 6line clean your fish? My 6line was cleaning off my coral beauty earlier and i found it odd since they are suppose to me mean and territorial.

Back