Woah!!!!!!!!

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
so yes its 12:15pm and having an imsomnia attack bleh whats new :grumble:

anyways im looking at my tank and HOLLY CRAP WHAT THE HELL IS THIS:shock::shock:

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_0563.JPG

IMG_0562.JPG

i know my pics and the best in the world BUT here my best description:pooh:

i looked like a piece of RAW (you know like frozen foods store) shrimp with what seems to be silk sprowting

its weird :o

i mean yeah i feed krill to my anemone (which mysteriasly vanished after i feed it 2 days ago) and even so i feed it silversides last time

also my clam just like totally jump from the stone i had it did a 180 and landed on the sandbed pointing perfectly to the center front:claphands:zap:
IMG_0565.JPG

as you can see on the imprint on the rock how it was placed
you can see it ALMOST SQUISHED MY STAR:grumble::grumble:
and i say a 180 cause the mouth was pointing to the back it moved slowly for days from the front to the back????WEIRDDDDDD
i heard bristleworms might feast on it if left on the sand should i leave it or try and place back another rock
also i notice that the "long thing"in the clam gets Bigger and longer is that bad

i apologize for my vaghe description of things BUT WOW im freeking amazed how much you can catch with one imnsomniatic night lol:compute:

wow imagine i coulda been sleeping lol:goodnight

Last edited:
it could be a lettuce nudibranch. They are reef safe and don't have a long life span

-Doc

It looks like some sort of nudibranch, but not lettuce leaf. Lettuce leafs are green and don't have those threads hanging off of them.

I'd leave the clam alone. They sometimes move on their own.

It looks like some sort of nudibranch, but not lettuce leaf. Lettuce leafs are green and don't have those threads hanging off of them.

I'd leave the clam alone. They sometimes move on their own.

WELL JUST A HEADS UP I TOOK THE UGLY THING OUT I AINT GONNA TAKE NO RISKS

also its weird my anemone just diappeard into thin air

at first i tought it might have been full and went into hiding i did eat 3silversides 3days ago but until now no signs of it ?????

i did notice for about 2 wks my hermit would take refuge under the tantacles almost everynight could it have harmed it

it looked like tihis guy
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2101/1507625335_58cf515d3c.jpg?v=0

The hermit could not have harmed it.

My honest opinion is that you put an anemone into a very young tank, knowing that their survival rates in young tanks was close to zero. It probably crawled somewhere to die, which is what happens to anemones in young tanks. If they move somewhere where they are not getting light (like you say yours did, into the rocks somewhere), they are dying. You also happened to pick one of the most difficult anemone species to keep alive in the first place Sorry, but that's what I think.

The hermit could not have harmed it.

My honest opinion is that you put an anemone into a very young tank, knowing that their survival rates in young tanks was close to zero. It probably crawled somewhere to die, which is what happens to anemones in young tanks. If they move somewhere where they are not getting light (like you say yours did, into the rocks somewhere), they are dying. You also happened to pick one of the most difficult anemone species to keep alive in the first place Sorry, but that's what I think.

well i doged the bullet he came out today i think he was just constipated from all he ate lol so yeah hes out and about yey

I would keep a good eye on it. If it dies your tank will be doomed.

LOL Piggy the optimist.

But she's right. It's not a good sign if they hide from the light and don't come back out. If it keeps doing this (i.e. moving around) it's a sign it's not happy.

LOL Piggy the optimist.

But she's right. It's not a good sign if they hide from the light and don't come back out. If it keeps doing this (i.e. moving around) it's a sign it's not happy.

well it didnt move from its location it just came back out from its cave:bounce:

I am pretty sure what you took out of your yank was anemone poo. With the amount you fed it, the anemone had to go poo. I think I just like to say poo.

so yes its 12:15pm and having an imsomnia attack bleh whats new :grumble:

anyways im looking at my tank and HOLLY CRAP WHAT THE HELL IS THIS:shock::shock:

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_0563.JPG

IMG_0562.JPG

i know my pics and the best in the world BUT here my best description:pooh:

i looked like a piece of RAW (you know like frozen foods store) shrimp with what seems to be silk sprowting

its weird :o

i mean yeah i feed krill to my anemone (which mysteriasly vanished after i feed it 2 days ago) and even so i feed it silversides last time

also my clam just like totally jump from the stone i had it did a 180 and landed on the sandbed pointing perfectly to the center front:claphands:zap:
IMG_0565.JPG

as you can see on the imprint on the rock how it was placed
you can see it ALMOST SQUISHED MY STAR:grumble::grumble:
and i say a 180 cause the mouth was pointing to the back it moved slowly for days from the front to the back????WEIRDDDDDD
i heard bristleworms might feast on it if left on the sand should i leave it or try and place back another rock
also i notice that the "long thing"in the clam gets Bigger and longer is that bad

i apologize for my vaghe description of things BUT WOW im freeking amazed how much you can catch with one imnsomniatic night lol:compute:

wow imagine i coulda been sleeping lol:goodnight

that white stuff looks like the foot from your clam since you said it did fall off rock, clams can loos part of foot on bottom of there shell if something knocks them over or they mover to much and fall off.

plus sandsifter starfish kill everything in sandbed that is beneficial to your tank like pods, spaghetti worms, even snails if it catches them, i had one also and read about and got rid of mine.

well it didnt move from its location it just came back out from its cave:bounce:
Yay happy dancing banana!
Nems are tricky, that's for sure. Biff and everyone else is right, a moving nem is a pissed nem. It's probably not happy with either the light or water flow it's getting. Hopefully you'll be able to get it out when it dies before it kills everything in your tank. When my haddon's carpet died, I was fortunate enough to get it out before catastrophe. It was the worst imaginable smell! Good luck man

Back