wontonflip's 125g build

I have a video....gotta edit them together LOL (you know....gotta edit the part where I'm cussing cuz I dropped the cameraa? )

Amber, I LOVE my coral beauty. She's so social and friendly. She even eats the algae sheets from the clip even with my face pressed up next to it. She knows who keeps her nice and fat ;)

First of, here's a pic from day 1 of running the skimmer:

DSC08690.jpg

I'm setting up a new sump!!! It's 60g. Right now, I have 2 containers for my sump -- the intake is a predrilled 20g long (which currently houses Biff's magical chaeto -- I'm getting rid of the above tank fuge), which has the pipe dumping the water into a rubbermaid tub. In the rubbermaid tub sits my return pump, ATO, and my skimmer:
DSC08691.jpg

THIS is what I will be replacing both parts with:
new_sump.jpg

And THIS is just a funny ass pic of Buster being chickenshit :)
sm_Scared_buster.jpg

I don't eat foxfaces! I will, however, eat this damn kole tang if he doesn't quit chasing my goby LOL

No, B, he's not a magnificent...just a plain ole scared camouflaged one spot foxface :) I love your magnificent! maybe I should keep scaring mine so he'll stay white :shock:

Yeah they do....the first weeks I had him he was almost always white; I had to sneak up on him to see him yellow....I started to get worried. But now, he's yellow most of the time, except when I surprise him out of nowhere. I even have him eating seaweed out of my hand sometimes :)

EDIT: Actually, when I first saw the magnificent foxface, I didn't know it was supposed to be white! I thought it was just scared :D

Lucky! Mine still won't come out if I'm near the tank. I have to watch him from across the room :grumble:

Mine took a LONG time to warm up to me. In fact, up until a month or so ago, he was still skittish...I'd sit in front of the tank for a LONG time, waiting for him to come out. He'd get used to me being there. He would spend all day long in the far corner, w/ the cardinal...if the cardinal swam out in the open (which was rarely), he would follow. So the banggai comes near me when I have food, and Buster would follow him. But he'd swim away when the cardinal swims away.

But once I got the tang and the coral beauty, all of a sudden, Buster is all over the tank, swimming with them. I think it's just a matter of having other fish he feels safe with to gain more confidence.

Thanks guys....it was my time!!!!! I had that crappy Berlin Red Sea Classic since day 1! It was rated for a 30 or 40g LOL Here's a FTS....and yes, Biff, it's my ghettofied lights highlighting my one rock with photosynthetic creatures LOL I've got more garf rocks in the works. I'll eventually get enough rocks in here ;) Most of my garf rocks are the ones in the pile 2nd from the right (the purple coralline covered rock on top of the pile is an old rock)

smfts_4_26_11.jpg

Back