woohoo more new stuff!!

ReefWannabe

Reefing newb
Well the lady im buying the rock from postponed on me til monday, but shes finding more stuff for me including........eheim pump, another excalibur skimmer with new pump. test kits, calcium and something else dosing things. some kind of reactor?? and books, etc etc. also.

A 75 Gallon tank-stand-canopy, for 100 bux!!!!!!
Im going to have them fill it first to check for leaks but now, im not sure whether to make the 55 salt still, and the 75 fresh, or the 55 fresh, and the 75 salt....

or both salt??????

Also, last night I ordered 25 count 5-1 test strips for starting, 2 m620 seio power heads, and another rio 600 for my skimmer. rated same as the old 800.

nah, I dont want to waste a perfectly good, (and new) 55 gallon just to use it with a 75. I have a refugium coming monday(30 gallon i think) I also have a 15 gallon to use on my 55, whenever I finish making it lol. Just trying to figure out monthly costs with 2 tanks.

Ill be finishing my 55 first, since ive been waiting on it lol.

Review all of your electrical equipment and convert each item to watts. once you have a total convert to kilowatt per hour. you then can go to your electric utility bill and see what you are being charged per kilowatt hour and do the math based on the KWH total per day, week, or, month. Hope this helps.

Maintenance costs

Your cost for Maintenance of your systems is not possible to estimate as it depends on your equipment, additives and a whole host of variables. The largest cost will most likely be your water changes, water and salt, in addition to your electrical costs. The more you control things with water changes and not additives the simpler your cost control will be. hope this also helps. good luck.

Yea I see what you mean, ill just see what my first month is like with the 55 and go from there. Im actually trying to figure out dimensions on an overflow. Internally and horizontal.

Salt.....salt......salt.......waateeerrr..........more.........salt......water.......lol If I Could I Would Go With The Bigger Tank But With Me Its Always I Want More (ya Know What I Mean) . Could You Give Me A Est On How Much Everything Together Going To Cost You . Im Trying To Decide 55 Or 75 For My Next Set Up .please Just The Aqua,stand,sand,rock,and Filtrations Greatly Apreceat(cant Spell)also How Much Live Rock Are You Gonna Use

well im getting the tank stnad and canopy for a deal, 100 bux for all 3 lol. I can however tell you what ive spent on my 55 so far, and it can all work in the 75 since I went bigger.
Stuff I bought used from local reefers..
skimmer and 200 lbs of sand=150
65 lbs rock, refugium, test kits, dosing supplies, books, and other miscelaneous things 150-200

Stuff I bought new
2 seio m620 Power heads from live aquaria on sale=72
rio 600 pump for skimmer=13
25 count 5 in1 test strips for starting out=7
eggcrate from lowes 11-12

so total id say.
400 give or take w/o the tank and stand for my 55. and another 100 on the 75 gallon setup!! all in the last 2 weeks lol.

thanks for the info thats not as bad as i thought i guess i need to start asap so i can find some deals ya know good luck keep use posted. :bounce:

ok tonight I got about 50 lbs of live sand from a 7 year old tank. 71 lbs of live rock, going to start cooking tomorrow. All my pumps and powerheads came in. Also got ph buffer, calcium buffer, something else buffer, another ph buffer, some other reef buffers,gloves, refugium(20 long custom) ummmmmm, some other stuff and a book lol. spent 150 tonight!!! oh yeah and about 75 lbs of IO reef crystals salt.

The double is much safer if your trying to keep a tank from overflowing, saltwater tanks eventually crud everything up.

Back