Woohoo! Skimmers here

Yep AquaSafe will do that. Skimmers are weird. I've found that you can use AmQuel Plus by Kordon to treat water and it won't make the skimmer go nuts.

You shouldnt have to treat ro water... I have never treated mine. I only add things like ph buffer or calcium, if the salt doesnt already do it.

It just makes tap water safe for fish. And now its got something called BioExtract in it which"works to enhance the bacteriological bed which promotes cleaner, healthier water"

Bifferwine, I'll definately give that a shot, thanks

bobby said:
You shouldnt have to treat ro water... I have never treated mine. I only add things like ph buffer or calcium, if the salt doesnt already do it.

Oh, I dont have an RO unit yet.

OH ok I thought you were treating ro. You can get ro from walmart, its alot better that tap, and cheap. Just a thought.

I've been meaning to check out a few places for RO water for the longest time, I just haven't got around to it.

Theres this company that sells sea water by like 40g buckets, I think I might give them a try.

Ya I was kinda thinking that might be alttle heavy. Salt water wieghs about 9lbs a gal so 40 gal would wiegh about 360lbs.

Nedium
If your going to use tap water,just let it set for 24 hours before you start adding your salt mix.
Just drop a powerhead in it and let it run for 24 hours,that will help with the ammonia and chlorine as both will be dissapated out as the water takes in oxygen.

By the way,,you can get ro water from wal mart for 33 cents a gallon,or buy the distelled for about 60 cents a gallon.
Im high maintence so I go for the distilled.

is that a corllife 65? in your picture it looks just like mine. it's an excellent skimmer. but it took mine allmost 2 weeks to break in and stop making tons of microbubbles in my tank. they are a bit touchy. mine's on a 55 gallon. and i can just stick my hand in the water and it will change the foam production.

fishbait said:
is that a corllife 65? in your picture it looks just like mine. it's an excellent skimmer. but it took mine allmost 2 weeks to break in and stop making tons of microbubbles in my tank. they are a bit touchy. mine's on a 55 gallon. and i can just stick my hand in the water and it will change the foam production.

Its the Coralife 125. I adjusted the depth of the pump to roughly 3 in below the surface and micro bubble production (in the tank) has decreased significantly. Its getting better by the day though.

the bubbles will go away after a while takes a little for break in period i had same thing with my remora pro and my prizm pro, i use both skimmers on my 125 gallon. Plus i have bubble trap on remora, some of those coralife skimmers have a bubble trap were water flows out into a cup with hole and sponge at bottom.

Back