Worm ID please

Budman2K

Reefing newb
15 minutes after I turned off the aquarium light, I grabbed my red led light to see what I could find on the rock. I took these pics using the camera flash with main light off, so the colors are not very accurate.

I found a ton of bristle worms and some other type worms that I would like to get an ID on.

The unidentified worms look earthworm color but when it stretches it becomes pinkish and slightly translucent. They come out of the holes in the rock but not completely, they just stretch and in a few pics appear to have flat faces. Thanks in advance.

worm.jpg

wormcrop.jpg

I am leaning towards Peanut Worms because from what I understand, Spaghetti Worms have tentacles, the ones in the rock do not. I was just trying to ID them to know if they are wanted or unwanted in the aquarium. Thanks.

I am leaning towards Peanut Worms because from what I understand, Spaghetti Worms have tentacles, the ones in the rock do not. I was just trying to ID them to know if they are wanted or unwanted in the aquarium. Thanks.

Their completely harmless.They'll eat algae,detritus,and other wastes.Plus their cool to watch:D I've got well over 100 of em in my tank.

that was epic :fechten2: seriously though, if someone tries those worms with any kind of sauce im gonna be sick :shock:

Back