Worse time ever with my tank

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
Bought over $100 worth corals and inverts. Two fish die in a weekend in my 29G and I get a mini-cycle. Had two 4 or 5 degree temp spikes in one week. Then a bulb burned out on my cheato while I was gone. My well-meaning neighbor overfeeds while I am gone. Corals did not like this series of events and a little algae starts growing. First my open brain dies. Now my Monti has just slowly withered and died over the last two weeks. My brand new fire shrimp is MIA. My plate and torches are fine. My Favia brain looks slightly bleached. My trumpets have a little algae growing on them.

Seems like the resulting algae from a spike --even if you get your 'trates back down-- just lingers on.

Hang in there Sen! Saltwater tanks is a little like marriage.....it takes a lot of time, compromise, patience, and dedication to maintain such a beautiful thing, but you will occasionally have your rough times! Good news is, your tank won't nag you, berate you for your stupid mistakes, or give you "the look". *LOL*

Sry bud. Algae outbreaks suck!! :frustrat:

If you're looking for help, I'd do more water changes. 15-20% every 4 or 5 days for about 2 weeks. :Cheers:

ouch, this hobby is brutal on people being away for any amount of time =(

I had a similar shitty experience going away.

Sorry about your losses :*(

Back