Would anybody be interested?

beeguiles

they call me fish geek ;p
I have been thinking about setting up my own little business of selling coral frags here and there just to be able to fund my new 93g. The plan is to buy colonies from my lfs and then frag it and sell the frags. I've already bought two colonies and made frags and the frags are doing great. I wanted to sell locally but there are not very many people in the hobby around here. So my question is would any of you be interested in a frag or two of zoas? I only have two types right now. I am willing to ship but I want to make sure people are interested before I go out and get all the stuff I need to ship them. Each frags has five or so polyps and I have about 11 frags of either color. I would sell them for between $15-25 a frag depending on the size of the frag. also I mount them on rock rubble bc I hate it when the frags I buy are on frag plugs. Only two I have are on frag plugs. The rest is rock rubble. Let me know if you are interested! :)

84addbdb.jpg

47d88640.jpg

c9948d1b.jpg

I wish I had a better camera but all I have is my iPhone. They glow pretty bright and the center is kinda like a dark purple blue.

I like the zoos in the second picture. My zip is 21045, near Baltimore. Do you know what the shipping would be?
Thanks,
Angie

I still have to get the supplies for shipping ie boxes bags and insulation. By the time I'm ready to ship the frags should be healed and adhered to the rocks pretty well. I'll figure out shipping costs after I figure out who I'll ship thru. Prolly ups.

I still have to get the supplies for shipping ie boxes bags and insulation. By the time I'm ready to ship the frags should be healed and adhered to the rocks pretty well. I'll figure out shipping costs after I figure out who I'll ship thru. Prolly ups.

I recommend just the regular post office. They can do overnight shipping or flat rate boxes (which are cheap), and they are cheaper than UPS or FedEx. Look at all your options, but when I was sending stuff out (a couple years ago), the post office turned out to be the best deal.

Hey I would totally be interested in that. I already have the Zoa's but keep us posted on the other stuff you get. My close LFS's all seem to have the same stuff when it comes to coral, it's nice to see different things.

I wish I had a better camera but all I have is my iPhone. They glow pretty bright and the center is kinda like a dark purple blue.
They sound really cool I'd even save you shipping i would take some Sunday or Monday off to drive the almost 3 hours to pic up and drop off any thing you like in my tank. Like I've always told you Britt if there is ever anything in my tank you like just let me know and I'll get it to you:Cheers: but yeah id love a 5-10 head of those zoa.

Thanks for all the input guys. I only have the two varieties that are shown in the pictures as of right now.

Biff do you know if you can get the flat rate boxes and ship overnight for that flat rate? I'll have to call the post office and ask them about it bc that would be a good deal. I don't want you guys to have to pay a ton for shipping for just a couple frags.

Looks like I have enough people interested to make it worth while. It will still be a couple weeks until I'm ready yet so when I am ready to ship em out I will put up another thread to figure out exactally what everyone wants. I'll be contacting the post office soon and then I just wanna give the frags some time to heal and grow on the frag rocks. So keep your eyes open for the next thread!! I have a limited supply so it's first come first serve when I start the other thread also. Remember I dont have big colonies in my tank that im fragging, I'm buying colonies at my lfs and fragging them up to sell.

Thanks again for the input guys!

i might want the blueish ones. depends on the shipping tho. i dont think it will be cheap to send it to 90022 los angeles

I wouldn't mind possibly buying stuff in the future. Still about 2 or 3 weeks out from getting started but I would love to support the tank of a fellow member of the forums. Is this going to be a one time deal or is this going to be a as you have them?

It will be as I have them which I will be maybe every couple months. Maybe more a my corals start to fill out in my display tank. I think I will be taking payment through PayPal. Seems like the safest way. Right now I'm figuring out what type of shipping I want to use. I'm trying to do something that isn't too expensive.

Also will be fragging these. It's a smaller colony so it will just be a couple polyps per frag. Not a great picture but you get the idea.

645134a3.jpg

Back