Would like everyone to answer these questions.

Grassman

Reefing newb
This is not a debate on what's better to use, I'd like different peoples opinions of what they would use for equipment. I'm curious.

Here's the scenario. You have a new pre-drilled aquarium and stand. The tank is 120 gallons. 48" x 24" x 24". Has 2 1 1/2" overflows and 2 3/4" returns. You want to keep a mixture of fish, LPS, SPS, & Softies. What equipment are you going to buy for this tank. You have roughly $2,500 to spend. You have done lots of research and asked lots of questions. Your mind is now made up on what you are buying. How much of what and what brand would you buy.

Powerheads:

Return Pump:

Substrate:

Heater:

Autotop Off:

Wavemaker:

Lights: (Bulb configuration too)

Rock:

Test Kits:

Salt:

GFO reactor:

Bio-Pellet Reactor:

Skimmer:

Sump/Refugium: (Email me your drawing if you'd like. [email protected])

Tank Monitors:

Any other equipment:

This is not a debate on what's better to use, I'd like different peoples opinions of what they would use for equipment. I'm curious.

Here's the scenario. You have a new pre-drilled aquarium and stand. The tank is 120 gallons. 48" x 24" x 24". Has 2 1 1/2" overflows and 2 3/4" returns. You want to keep a mixture of fish, LPS, SPS, & Softies. What equipment are you going to buy for this tank. You have roughly $2,500 to spend. You have done lots of research and asked lots of questions. Your mind is now made up on what you are buying. How much of what and what brand would you buy.

Powerheads: I'd go with 2 MP40s

Return Pump: Ehiem 1262

Substrate: 120-200 lbs of argonite based sand

Heater: 2 finnex 200w titanium heaters

Autotop Off: controlled by the controller

Wavemaker: MP40s

Lights: (Bulb configuration too) Depends if you want LED, MH, or T5 ... I'd go with AIs but I think that'd be pushing your budget

Rock: MarcoRocks

Test Kits: API Master & Reef kits, Salifert Mag test

Salt: Reef Crystals

GFO reactor: None

Bio-Pellet Reactor: Reef Octopus BR-110 Reactor/ Warner Marine pellets

Skimmer: Reef Octopus SRO XP2000

Sump/Refugium: (Email me your drawing if you'd like. [email protected]) Made from a 29 or 30g tank

Tank Monitors: Neptune Apex

Any other equipment:
\

Hopefully that'll help, I'm not sure if it'll put you over budget but, that would be my wish list.

Powerheads: Koralia Evo's

Return Pump: Mag 18

Substrate: Cheap stuff..... :D

Heater: Jager heater maybe?

Autotop Off: JBJ

Wavemaker: Not have one, just keep the pumps.

Lights: (Bulb configuration too) DIY LED (35 a foot maybe?)

Rock: Dry and seed with live

Test Kits: API Master

Salt: Instant Ocean Crystals

GFO reactor: Pass

Bio-Pellet Reactor: Pass

Skimmer: Vertex In 180

Sump/Refugium: The normal small tank 4 baffles, skimmer and heater, 2 baffles with bubble trap, chaeto so on, another 2 baffles with bubble trap, and the return.

Tank Monitors: Reef Keeper maybe?? Or not and save money? :D

Any other equipment:

But thats just me, i like to keep it cheap and easy, to save for livestock! :D

Powerheads: vortec ecosmarts mp40

Return Pump: mag 12

Substrate:aragonite

Heater:2 titaniums

Autotop Off: tunze osmolator

Wavemaker:mp40

Lights: (Bulb configuration too) 3 250 watt halide pendants

Rock: macro rocks

Test Kits: reefkeeper elite with temp and ph probes

Salt:tropical marine

GFO reactor:

Bio-Pellet Reactor:

Skimmer: cone skimmer

Sump/Refugium: (Email me your drawing if you'd like. [email protected]) 40 breeder

Tank Monitors:reefkeeper elite with temp and ph probes

Powerheads:none

Return Pump:Blueline 70 HD ExternalAquarium Water Pump by Pan World - AquaCave

Substrate:MarcoRocks Aquarium Products - Sand

Heater: finnex titanium

Autotop Off:

Wavemaker:

Lights: (Bulb configuration too) http://www.reefgeek.com/lighting/LE...ight_System_w!_Controller_by_AquaIllumination

Rock:MarcoRocks Aquarium Products - KeyLargo

Test Kits: api master

Salt:instant ocean

GFO reactor:

Bio-Pellet Reactor:

Skimmer: Reef Octopus Extreme SX 200 Protein Skimmer by CoralVue - AquaCave

Sump/Refugium: (Email me your drawing if you'd like. [email protected])
55 gal.

Tank Monitors:

Any other equipment.. I would change the plumbing from 3/4 to 1 1/2 on the return until it hits the tank then drop it to 3/4 add two heads to the pvc for extra boost of flow... anyother equipment I would buy down the road..

Back