Would like new fish for 29G

AdeptMrSniffles

I have a Blue Thumb
I love my 29G. However, I hate my "limited" selection of fish that I can keep.

I have 2 false percula clowns, 1 of with is a B***H! I'm kinda picky in the fact that I don't want a blemny or a royal gamma. I was thinking more along the lines of a Pygmy Angel. I'm just scared that my b***h of a clown fish would chase it, like she did 2 other fish (a 6 line wrasse and blue chromis), out of my tank seeing how they really aren't that big. Would it be SUCH a bad idea to put in a sailfin tang? Or how about another clown? I like the gold stripped maroon! I've heard you can put clowns with clowns, depending on the types. I just don't know if they'd be compatible.

OMG you cannot be serious about a sailfin tang in a 29 gallon tank. Yes, that is my official response to that question.

It'd be highly risky to add another type of clown. They'd probably fight to the death.

With a small tank, you are restricted to keeping small fish. There really isn't a way around it. It's a limitation that you have to live with.

:( sorry biff. Thought it was worth a shot with the sail fin. I shall not think again about it :bowdown: I guess I'll just spend my $ on coral.

I have a sweetlips in my 29 and a bamboo shark. They get along great with the manta ray. :) Blue jaw fish are small and really cool, also a mandarin would be nice if you have pods going.

Firefish are nice and would go good in your tank. I had two in my 29 along with two clowns and they got along great. I wouldn't mix clowns in a tank that small, and maroons are known to be VERY mean.

OMG you cannot be serious about a sailfin tang in a 29 gallon tank. Yes, that is my official response to that question.

It'd be highly risky to add another type of clown. They'd probably fight to the death.

With a small tank, you are restricted to keeping small fish. There really isn't a way around it. It's a limitation that you have to live with.

OMG just deal with it, for sure... :bounce:

I have a 29G too and it seems fish become more agressive with each other in smaller tanks. I love my Yellow Clown Goby, it never hides doesn't bother other fish and always swims up to the surface at feeding. He takes flakes from my hand. I have mandarin goby also, he eats Ocean Nutrition pellets and sushi eggs and there are no other big pod eaters in my tank (like Damsels or wrasses).

I'd love to have a mandarin. Although I don't have a pod setup so I would have to feed the little guy. I checked out the blue jawfish. Beautiful fish and it ought to be at $100+. Lol. Maybe I'll research some more go IRS when I get home. It's HOT today so hopefully I'll get off soon. I suppose I should actually be working Instead of on here if I plan on getting off.

You might not like the idea but have you ever thought about a seahorse tank for your 29. I had one for a while. You`d have to get rid of the fish in the tank but they are pretty cool.

Here are some of mine from when I had mine. They are very beautiful.

100_0527.JPG

100_0529.JPG

Back