Would Like to Get Recommendations for a RO/DI system for Nano Reef now/larger soon

GaryMChait

Reefing newb
Hello, We're trying to move to a RO/DI system instead of running to our Saltwater store for fresh & salt water. Currently, have a 35gl nano, 4 years established as a reef and have been pretty successful. As the hobby "grows" on you, we would like to begin setting up a larger system (wife says 75/90, I say 100/120); we haven't picked out a tank yet. That said, we want to get a RO/DI system that will be able to provide quality water and be suited for output for a larger tank. There are many systems out there and looking at the specs and warranties, there are some standouts. Low Price isn't the deciding factor but don't want to overbuy what we just don't need. Your input is sincerely appreciated.

Re: Would Like to Get Recommendations for a RO/DI system for Nano Reef now/larger soo

I have a 120 in my house, and 2 frag tanks in my garage. I bought the BRS 75gpd 5 stage plus unit. I find it works perfectly for my needs. I can fill a 55 gallon barrel and pump out top off water, or mix new salt water in pretty much a single day if I start early enough.

Re: Would Like to Get Recommendations for a RO/DI system for Nano Reef now/larger soo

I have the Maxcap Spectrapure 5-stage RO/DI and love it. I got the 90gpd output, but if you want something a little stronger then I'd recommend getting the upgraded gpd option, which I don't think was that much more but I can't recall exactly. I got mine from aquacave and found good reviews of it online before I bought it.

I also have the Bulk Reef Supply 75GPD 5 stage plus unit. It is great. And for the price of the replacement filters on top of the already lower price of the unit, I was sold. Highly recommend.

Back