Would Sea Slugs help?

UnderwaterWorld

Reef enthusiast
So I have a 34 gallon that I'm having algae problems with, it's got 4 fish in it, a 150 w halide, using RO water, running phosphate remover.

What do sea slugs eat? I have red/purple slime, hair algae, and the greene algae on the glass.

If you're talking about nudibranchs, each species eats something different, and nudibranchs rarely live longer than a month or two in our aquariums, they are very difficult to keep. I would not recommend getting a nudibranch, and the only kind that even sorta eats algae is a lettuce leaf nudibranch, but those eat a very specific type of algae (bryopsis) only.

For hair algae, a sea hare would help a lot, but it would run out of food very quickly in a tank that size (they eat a lot). If you want to buy a sea hare, make sure you are able to trade it in at your LFS when it runs out of food or give it to someone else that is having algae problems.

Not in my experience. I've had two of them, and they've stuck to hair algae. Nothing I know of will eat slime algae, although some people have seen their hermit crabs pick at it, but that's not the norm. As for the film algae on the glass, astraea snails and a lawnmower blenny will help take care of that. The best way to get rid of algae is to eliminate the source -- nitrates and phosphates. Do you know why you have such bad algae problems?

no I really can't figure it out,
tank has been up since December, I haven't tested recently, but the algae has been like this for a while and I have always had no ammonia,nitrite, nitrate when I test, I do a 2 gallon water change a week. The lighting is on for 8 hours I believe. I have the stock flow in the tank which is a Current Solana and I have a Koralia 2 in it.
. I can't add anymore fish with already four. I guess I could try more snails.

I run a venturi skimmer I believe, how often should I be cleaning it out? Would not cleaning it out enough hurt it?

Back