Would this be overcrowded?

poeq

Reefing newb
Hi, I have a 28g nano cube that has about 10 different types of corals and a pretty small cardinalfish and an equally small flametail blenny. They're both maybe 3/4 inches across so right now my tank is relatively empty feeling.

I'm going to add some sort of other fish and I'm thinking about adding a coral beauty. I know with the average size of this fish that it's unlikely that I would want to add anything after I add him because it'll probably be the more dominate fish in the tank and that's fine as long as there isn't any nipping and corals or aggression with other fish.

What I'm wondering is, since I want to add a coral beauty last would it be possibly for me to add some sort of sand sifting goby and then wait maybe a month and then add the coral beauty, or would that be too many fish, and I should stick with just the coral beauty?

I would say three fish max, plus, if you have corals, the coral beauty may nip at them, since i have heard they like to dabble in the coral department! :p There is always a chance, and if it were me, i would not take any!
A Sand sifting goby would be a good addition IMO, maybe a watchman? Mine has a great character.

I would say three fish max, plus, if you have corals, the coral beauty may nip at them, since i have heard they like to dabble in the coral department! :p There is always a chance, and if it were me, i would not take any!
A Sand sifting goby would be a good addition IMO, maybe a watchman? Mine has a great character.

I've had my coral beauty for 2 years now, it was my second fish!

Anyhow, for 2 long years it never touched a thing. But now, several times a day I see it picking at my green tree coral and my kenya weed. It hasn't touched anything else, but as soon as it does it's gone :*( I've read flame angels are even worse, which is a shame. Such beautiful fish.

Two huge thumbs up for watchman goby. So much character.

Every fish has its own personality. A fish that is labeled "reef safe" can attack all your corals, while a fish labeled "not reef safe" would leave them alone. Just luck!

Every fish has its own personality. A fish that is labeled "reef safe" can attack all your corals, while a fish labeled "not reef safe" would leave them alone. Just luck!
So I've discovered. I had a sixline wrasse for a while that was trying to eat my elegance coral, has anyone ever heard of a wrasse eating coral? because it completely caught me off guard.

That little bastard was a menace actually, he killed my firefish, injured my bicolar blenny, and was eating my more fleshy corals mainly my elegance coral.

Anyway, I'm probably going to hold off on the angel until I get my bigger tank up and going...and I'll probably get some type of gobie, although I have been watching a bunch of blue spot jawfish videos and I really want one now...

I have the same tank and I have a diamond watchman goby, a midas blenny, a black and white clown and a lemon peel. They are all perfectly happy and have plenty of room. I did add them slowly over 8 months time so just dont rush it make sure your tank is very stable and can handle it and you have to be diligent with maintenance.

I think you should stick with just three fish. If you were to get another I like the diamond gobies they are great sand sifters!!

Back