Would this be smart/effiecient??

why cant i find a simple diagram or explaination of this calfo overflow? is it just a long overflow box centered in your tank??

Instead of the modified single one in you link think of it running length wise between two hold along the back of your tank. Good flow low wasted space and nearly silent. They only downfall might be a shadow depending on your light set up. If you can ever get the RC seach to work you will find a lot of info.

I found a great thread on rc(notice the little "r" and "c", cuz i like LivingReefs alot better. WE"RE ROCKSTARS!! but anyway) explaining calfo overflows(horizontal overflows) and i like it alot. Its exactly what im looking for. But i have seen people talking about setting one of the drain pipes as the safety one in case something happens or something like that, i dont understand this?? And another thing is, i understand why people use "T"'s and drill a hole in the top this is to let air come into their drain lines but why am i seeing some people with the hole and tubing coming out of it??

Can Someone explain...TIA

Just go to this site. http://www.glass-holes.com
They make overflow boxes for through the wall bulkhead systems. They make/sell the boxes, sell glass drilling hole saws and bulkheads, and the 90 Degrre fittings used for the drains (already predrilled for vent tubes that make the system silent). I use them exclusively for these items plus they do custom acrylicwork. They make my slotted inlet boxes for closed loop circulation, and recently made me a custom ATO/kalkwasser box and more inlet boxes. They are great people. They will answer all your questions and even personally answer all emails, even on week ends. They treat people loke friends rather than just like customers. They also sell pumps, and the full line of Loc-line plumbing. I have never seen anyone beat their prices, service or quality of workmanship. I have photos of the inlet boxes and ATO/Kalkwasser box if you want me to post them. The boxes made for the back wall overflows by Glass-holes are horizontal overflow boxes made of thick acrylic plastic. They only protrude into tank a few inches and are about 6 inches tall. They have at least three different lengths that they make up a head of time for quick service, but will make custom sizes and custom features.

Last edited:
Back