Would this light be all I need?

I personally would stay away from jebo and odyssea lighting just due to the overall bad rep they have in the hobby. However, I have never personally owned either.

However I don't think Power Compacts are suffecient to keep every coral, so it depends do you ever want to keep Clams or SPS?

Are you going to build a canopy?
Do you have anything against adding a retro inside a canopy or do you want a complete system?

Take a look at
Premium Aquatics INC - live rock and aquarium supply
Champion Lighting & Supply
hellolighting.com - All about hellolighting.com

Just some of the sites I always get my lighting from.

I got T5s from Champion Lighting and they were a good price and everything in my tank has been thriving. They are less expensive than metal halides and seem to work fine for me.

Biff:

Does your fixture have a reflector for each individual bulb? I have heard the T5 units that have a reflector for each bulb are supper bright. Haven't seen one yet and was curious.

Brandon

No, mine only have reflectors around the outside, but is still super bright. It seems that so much light is lost out the front of the tank. Our tank is in the dining room on the back wall, and when you have the blinds open on the window of the front wall it actually lights up the front yard from inside the house at night.

i had that much light in power compacts over my 125g worked fine it was total of 384 watts my corals looked fine. I have seen some jebo lights and there not built real well kind of flimsy but they do work, i have seen a couple people using them.

thats more of a qaulity and longgevity issue, the brand is poor but like anything will work for awhile, what is best for you really depends on what corals you want to keep. I would go to the local fish store and make a list of what corals you would like to have over the next year or more then you will need to decide what light you need, cause you dont want to get 6 months down the road and realize you undercut the lighting. 384 watts is pushing success on a 125 gallon tank, you would probly do ok with softies, maybe a few species of lps. but i would personally go with alot more lighting up front either way just to be safe. just my opinion

Back