would this work?

Okay so I converted my ac in a little fuge. I put some live sand in there and left a little pouch of bio pellets in there until I can get some small chunks of live rock and some macro algae. Seems to be functioning just the same as it was before. That means I didn't break anything! Lol I'm not much of a DIY girl. :)

The best way to try and find them is look into your tank at night with a red light. You wont see very many because your tank is still pretty new, but there are some in there.

The different species look very different, but here a few representative examples.

copepod.jpg

These guys are super tiny so i dont think you will see them

Amphipod1.jpg

You should be able to see these guys pretty well, they get bigger. (max size around 1/4 inch)

Well I used Biffs magical cheato and everyone else seems to have great success with it so I am going to say it was the bulb. I will try it again though.

Let me know if you want some replacement chaeto, Amber. I'd be happy to send some out free of charge. I stand by my product!! :D

Aww thats really sweet I will let you know I tried really hard to get it to grow but I dont think it liked me :confused:

I have over 200 potted plants and a very healthy heavily planted freshwater tank so it reallly was a blow to my green thumb ego for it to die like that :grumble:

Hmm idk. Maybe it was the bulb then. I have little white specs on the back glass of my tank but idk if that's just salt or algae or something. They don't ever move so they prlly aren't pods.

I looked up spirorbid worms and they don't look like that. Well they are so small I don't think they look like that but yes they are stationary

I have one big snail with a white and grey shell and its foot is white but its mouth and face are black. Idk if that's the kind of snail your talking about. I also have two sand sitter snails. I want to get some more actually. Ten hermits and three snails don't turn up the sand all that much.

I took another look at those white things today and they are indeed spirorbid worms. You were right biff. Are these worms a bad thing to have. I have a lot of them.

Back