wrasse behavior?

Sharkie

The Damsel Defender
green_coris_wrasse.jpg

Yesterday I finally bought myself a Lime Green Wrasse, our LFS has had some on display but never for sale and I've always thought they were beautiful and GREEN!! <3 I bought the largest one they had (around 2 inches) and acclimated him for about 1hr yesterday.. my water is pretty much the same setup that our LFS has (it seems to work best that way). anyways, when i released him into the tank he swam around a bit, i put in some mysis and everyone ate (i always do this with new fish some my other fish are distracted and then don't remember there is a new tank mate LOL) and I haven't seen him since. the picture posted isn't mine, just what he looks like. I named him kiwi :3 lol.

I've got a TON of rockwork (i think close to 120 lbs in there) so maybe he's hiding there? are they usually hiders? I know they are jumpers but my tank is completely covered... and if he did jump I would've found a body. theres no one to eat it or dispose of it lol.

anyone else have a lime green wrasse? are they just REALLY good at hiding? (i cant find him even with a flashlight) I know their bury themselves in the sand but mines not even that deep :dunno:

The leopard wrasse I had hid for the first 4 days he was in the tank, I never saw him. And when I put my mystery wrasse in, he hid for the first week. I still can't move real fast in front of the tank otherwise he gets spooked. I'm sure once yours gets used to the tank you'll see him swimming around.

I concur with BL1 the same thing happened with my scissor tail. He hid for about 4days now hes out and about flaunting his blues and blacks. Also the scissor tall was about 1 1/2 and hid quite well inplaces I would not of thought. I'm sure your "Kiwi" is just fine and taking its time.

I'm sure he's fine. We had a yellow coris wrasse in our old tank. It took him about a week and a half before we saw him...
Kiwi sure is a beautiful color! And what a perfect name.

i have 2 wrasse
my Christmas wrasse hid under the sand for the first 4 days and he's much bigger than any other fish in the tank!
and he still buries himself in the sand at night right before i turn off the lights (I'm guessing when he wants to sleep?)
The little guy didn't really hide at all and doesn't really bury himself.

Thanks :) thats not Kiwi exactly, he's a bit brighter than the picture (thats from live aquaria lol)

I saw him for like 4 seconds tonight so i'm glad he's alive lol.

I know wrasse hide/sleep under the sand so i figured he's just gonna do that for a while (: thanks guys

Back