Wrasse for Nanos

Rufio808

Reefing newb
I was wondering if any type of wrasse would be fine in a 20L. I was also wondering if mixing wrasses in any system is fine. I'm a big fan of these types of fish and I'm looking to add to my wish list for a future set up.

I think a small sixline wrasse might be okay in a 20 gallon. But that would be pushing it for wrasses. You can mix wrasses. Most of them will get along with each other.

I think a small sixline wrasse might be okay in a 20 gallon. But that would be pushing it for wrasses. You can mix wrasses. Most of them will get along with each other.

Oh nice so they're not like clownfish or other types of fish that won't tolerate their kind. I need to trade my damsel in so a 6-line would look great.

Anyone ever keep any type of leopard wrasse? I'm thinking of adding that fish to my 125gal dream list.

I had a leopard wrasse for years. It was my favorite fish ever. I love them, and recommend them, as long as you make sure it is eating before you buy it. If it takes frozen food, they are not difficult to keep.

Leopard wrasses, yes. But they also do well solo. I had the divided leopard wrasse, which I think is the nicest looking out of them.

divided-leopard-wrasse-1.jpg

Is that the fish that died from the rock slide?

No, the leopard wrasse died under mysterious circumstances at the same time my grandma died. I was out of town visiting with her. I don't know why the leopard wrasse died, as I had had him for over two years at that point and he seemed as healthy as a horse. I think he had some weird karmic connection to my grandma. It's name was BooBoo, but perhaps I should have named it Lois.

Back