WTF...Im Gone!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Smitty, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Smitty

Smitty

Alright guys...bad news. Me and my wife have been trying to reconcile our marriage for a year now, cause we were getting a divorce last year, but stayed together 4 the kids...anyway we've been arguing a lot lately and I've been really trying to hold on, totally stressed, remind u I just had back surgery last month, anyway I come home this afternoon from my grandma house, and my reef tank is completly white...the b*tch poured a gal of bleach in my tank! WTF!!! I didn't go off, I called chicago pd to stand by, while I grabbed all my clothes and left. She also broke my new t5 fixture I just bought last month. Well, our marriage is over. I can never love her again after that. I seriously want to cry right now...

Smitty, Nov 18, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. Smitty

cthegame

i'm really sorry about all you;re going through. This reminds me of when my parents got a divorce (an ugly one) and my mom smashed my father's violin (a precious one he loved and had for over 20 years) along with other things...

Why do they damage property? I still dont understand. She is weak for doing so.

At this point, you do what you have to do make you happy. Its not worth staying together for the kid's sake if this is what you have to deal with. The kids are better off not having you guys together if this is what they have to deal with. I know, i've been the kid in a situation like that and I ws glad they divorced instead of forcing to be together and fighting all the time. KIds understand a lot more than we think and its worse for them to see you guys fight then be divorced.

do your best to keep yourself together. Dont let your emotions get the best of you...deal with the situation as humble and mature as possible and you will see that it will benefit you.

I wish you all the best smitty.

cthegame, Nov 18, 2009
    Smitty likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Smitty

Smitty

[​IMG]

Here is a pic of the tank now, taken with my phone before I walked out!

Smitty, Nov 18, 2009
  4. Smitty

cthegame

it even hurt me seeing that tank like that and im not the one married to her. Im sorry smitty.

cthegame, Nov 18, 2009
  5. Smitty

wontonflip I failed Kobayashi Maru

Bummer, Smitty! I mean, I've been so pissed before and tossed dirty clothes out of the room, but never damage anything expensive. What's even more messed up is that she killed things in there! That sucks for those poor fish and corals :( :( :( So pointless. Did she maybe take the fish to the lfs before dumping bleach into it? That's just wrong! That should be grounds against her in any custody battles. Just that level of callousness.

We're here for you to vent all you want, Smitty!

wontonflip, Nov 18, 2009
    Smitty likes this.
  6. Smitty

Sunshine

I'm so sorry, Smitty. I don't understand why they have to destroy things either. It's so sad. I feel so bad for you.

Sunshine, Nov 18, 2009
    Smitty likes this.
  7. Smitty

coolhandgoose

Man that f%*&ing sucks!!
    Make sure you take care of yourself first and foremost. Good luck.

coolhandgoose, Nov 18, 2009
    Smitty likes this.
  8. Smitty

bigploch Fan of Water

That is disgusting. I wish you all of the best.

bigploch, Nov 18, 2009
    Smitty likes this.
  9. Smitty

Bifferwine I am a girl

Oh damn that is a horrible thing to do. Yeah, she's mad. But killing innocent animals (that some of us consider pets, and even members of the family) is just incomprehensible to me! You need to get out now... There's no reason to stay with someone like that.

Bifferwine, Nov 18, 2009
    Smitty likes this.
  10. Smitty

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

Your a better man than I am Smitty.Bleaching my tank would be the point where I'd get hauled off in handcuffs because I'd probably be pouring bleach down her throat.
    MAN,I hate that.
    But the tank can be rebuilt.Just take care of yourself and those kids.Me and my family will keep you in our prayers Bro.

yote, Nov 18, 2009
    Smitty likes this.
  11. Smitty

AdeptMrSniffles I have a Blue Thumb

:shock:!! My condolences Smitty. How someone could take action like that it unthinkable. I hope she feels horrible for what she's done.

If it makes you feel any better, my downstairs neighbor cheated on his g/f and she keyed the living shit out of his BMW!

AdeptMrSniffles, Nov 18, 2009
    Smitty likes this.
  12. Smitty

SeaBee Ha Ha Thats Funny!

One door closes and I hope many more open up for you Smitty. I'm with Yote, pour bleach down her throat. Man that sucks....I have a room here you can stay in, you can hang out and stuff....Just don't touch my tank. Man I would F%^*&in kill after that. Put some tank water in her coffee.

SeaBee, Nov 18, 2009
    Smitty likes this.
  13. Smitty

parrotchute DUSTOFF MEDEVAC

wtf, that is so messed up. I'm with Yote, I'd have gone off. I would def get the cops to take a note of that. In some areas, that could be considered animal abuse/cruelty, and is a crime.

parrotchute, Nov 18, 2009
    Smitty likes this.
  14. Smitty

Smitty

I really thank you all for being there for me, this has not discouraged me from the hobby, just brought me to a halt. I'm unsure if I can savage anything in the tank, but if I can, I will surely try. I keep having flashbacks of all my crabs, shrimps, fish, corals, rocks all white in color. The clownfish were on the sand totally white, I mean that was horrific to see. And all my corals were just white and melted away. I'm sorry, I just can't let that vision go, it truly hurts.

Smitty, Nov 18, 2009
  15. Smitty

parrotchute DUSTOFF MEDEVAC

how you stayed cool is beyond me. I'm getting angry thinking about it.

parrotchute, Nov 18, 2009
    Smitty likes this.
  16. Smitty

EliWhitney314 Phish Head

Man I'm breathing heavy. You feel better at all smitty? I hope you do man. And I agree, we are here for you to vent; say what you need to say.

If I cross the line, forgive me...but did she say anything? Was she there when you saw it? I would like to think I couldn't do that to anyone, especially someone I loved at one point.

EliWhitney314, Nov 18, 2009
    Smitty likes this.
  17. Smitty

Smitty

It surprises me also that I stayed calm, but I felt she would do it oneday, so I was kinda emotionally and mentally prepared a little. I quickly called the police and when she asked me why I called, I told her it was for her safety that they be here.

Smitty, Nov 18, 2009
  18. Smitty

coolhandgoose

I'm with you on that, I keep checking this thread for updates I still can't believe it. I hope you did get a police report and that b-i-t-c-h gets what's coming.

coolhandgoose, Nov 18, 2009
    Smitty likes this.
  19. Smitty

Smitty

Yeah Eli, she was there when I walked in and saw it, and she showed no remorse. Even when the ofc asked her she was nonchalant, ironically, the ofc owns 2 tanks...a 300gal fo and a 250gal half circle reef tank so he understood and he kept looking into the tank just shaking head. He stated that he remembers me from one of the lfs we both were at when I first started...so he was just as pissed as me. We talked about our tanks for about 20mins after I left the house. Which helped calm me down some more.

Smitty, Nov 18, 2009
  20. Smitty

EliWhitney314 Phish Head

That is ironic. I'm glad you got to calm down man. If I see any deals from chicago or anything I will let you know.

EliWhitney314, Nov 18, 2009
    Smitty likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question