Xenia frag help

Devineverrr

Reefing newb
So I just bought my first frag : D but as time goes on I can't find a good solid spot for it when it's attached to the plug :/. My question is: can I detach the piece from the plug it is fragged on and put it in my desired spot? And if so how do I do it? Do I need an adhesive or will it stick itself I can't imagine just pulling it off and just setting it on the rock cuz then stalk would just fall over...but like I said it's my first frag I may be wrong so any advice is appreciated :)

Well thanks but that doesnt answer my question at all they look good in a reef tank if you keep them under control and they are a good beginner coral.

You can carefully peel away the stock of the coral from the plug with your finger nail. Then you can glue it down. But i would put a rubber band around it and the desired rock for at least a week so it can fully attach.

not too tight with the rubber band it could potentually cut threw but xenia grow pretty fast and they drop arms all the time so keep track of it and keep it prunned back

ummmmm hard to say
band it too the rock and itll be exactly where you want it and if in the future you dont like where it is wait for it too drop an arm and, ill probably get crusified for this but, rip that sucker out and start fresh with its arm. your call

I wouldn't detach it from the plug...they are extremely slippery and are hard to re-attach. I'd leave it on the plug and super glue it somewhere where it could spread, but still be contained to one area.

there is a jelly superglue for doing what u want to do and it works in 5 mins time no need to put a pand over it to hold it tell glue dry

Back