xenia fragging

fishbait

I found Nemo
i trimmed my xenia back for the first time yesterday. do i need to peel the leftover stump off the rock? or will it sprout another xenia.

however if its a kenya it will grow through the glue right biff?

what you need to do is grow it real big frag a huge piece off and send it to me :cool: that way i can have part of your tank in mine right

i don't mind if it grows back. my lfs takes trade-ins. and i traded two stalks of xenia for a sixline wrasse, which he was out of. but, he will have some in at the end of this week and he will hold one for me.

if you want some redline just pm me you're address. next time i trim some back i will send you a stalk or two. just pay shipping cost. it grows like weeds in my tank, so probaly in another month or two i will be trimming again. if you want to see what it looks like just dig up the thread on our tank videos. you can't miss the xenia.

I never got the opportunity to frag my xenia. Every one I've ever had has just ended up melting away within weeks. I hear that a lot of people have this problem with xenia, and nobody really knows why. It's just hit or miss depending on the tank. I've also heard the same thing about short-tentacled plate corals, that some people have no problem keeping them, but other people with otherwise perfect tanks just can't seem to keep them alive. I wasn't able to keep my short-tentacled plate coral alive, but everything else in my tank does just fine. Weirdness!

knock on wood mine has done great. even after the mishap a month ago. my wife was baby sitting one of her friends kids. they decided they would try to catch some fish when she wasn't looking. well, the xenia was attatched to two different rocks. needless to say they knocked the top rock off, ripping the xenia in half! i was pissed. but, it grew back twice as big in a very short time. when i bought this xenia six months ago it was a tiny stalk about an inch tall. now it has became a huge forest in my tank.

Yeah!I heard that Xenias are a hit or a miss.Nobody really know why this occurs.IMO,I think Xenias like a little nutrient rich system.They are known to remove nitrates.I think thats why people put them in a fuge.I had a powerhead fall and all the tentacles were rip out by the intake.In a couple of weeks they all grew back.I think the tank breed/raise are the hardiest ones.

(Trying hard to keep this dude from PR from catching up!)

my tank hasn't had any nitrates since it's first month. and no phosphates. but, i have heard that they are good for nutrient export. little aiptaisia's they are

Back