Xenia help

so I need a higher wattage right? What about adding a reflector dont those increase the wattage? The place I found the 50/50 bulb also has reflectors that can be used with it, it is on the page that I sent the link. I am trying to figure out how to keep the eclipse hood and solve the lighting issue. Dont really have that kind of money to figure out a differant hood...which wont fit on the eclispse anyhow. Shaz

Eclipse tanks just aren't made for keeping corals. You'll either need to remove the hood completely and just put new lights on top of the tank, or hold off on corals for now until you save enough money to upgrade lights. There's no harm in taking it slow if you have to. We've all been there.

I got a crazy idea... Say I leave the 13 watt bulb in there or get teh brighter 13 watt...then remove the "lid" part of the hood put a piece of plexi glass over it And then use say a 60 watt flourescent under the counter light and set that o nthe plexi glass? Shaz

OK....I got a differant idea...Putting my 27 watt flourescent floor lamp next to the tank and directing the light right to the xenia....thats 40 watts total at least to that part. Not sure if that is going to make a differance or not.
Right now the xenia looks good...I think the water changes had a lot to do with it. The stalk that looked dead is now thicker and there is something else going on with it...see pics What is it doing or what is that at the base?oh yeah, it is still not pulseing... Shaz

Attachments

• mini-xenia2-21-09.jpg
    mini-xenia2-21-09.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 197
  • mini-xenia2.jpg
    mini-xenia2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 223
  • mini-tank.jpg
    mini-tank.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 205
  • mini-xenia3.jpg
    mini-xenia3.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
So it looks good today...still have the floor lamp on it and figured out a way to modify the hood. Still has that green stuff at the base, so far no one is commenting on what the heck that is. And it still is not pulseing but it doesnt look like it is dying anymore either. Shaz

Back