Xenia quesion

Use a sharp chisel and cut the rock just below the mat and glue that to a plug, or cut the stalk at the mat and rubber band or sew it to a piece of rubble rock.

I've never had any luck with a rubber band or glue. It is usually a ball of snot and the glue doesn't work or the rubber band tears it. I take a bowl with some rubble rock and place the xenia in the tub. It finds a spot and adheres.

I was hoping there was an easy way to get this weed off my rocks, you can't give this crap away down here!! The funny thing is, pulsing Xenia was RARE as hen's teeth back in the 80's and I lived and died to have it. Now I don't want it and I don't want to destroy a pretty piece of rock to get rid of it. I'ma try to fashion a small SS chisel to flick them off the rocks.

I was hoping there was an easy way to get this weed off my rocks, you can't give this crap away down here!! The funny thing is, pulsing Xenia was RARE as hen's teeth back in the 80's and I lived and died to have it. Now I don't want it and I don't want to destroy a pretty piece of rock to get rid of it. I'ma try to fashion a small SS chisel to flick them off the rocks.
Seriously i have scraped them off the rocks with my finger(using finger nail) before and then moved it to another part of the tank where it eventually stuck to the rock again

We have a patch that we couldn't get rid of in the middle of our tank. Now our GSP is growing OVER the Xenia. It looks freaky!

I have been wanting to ask this question myself. I brought one home about a month ago. I do believe it is splitting a fourth time now. I just put it on the wrong rock. It has stuck with no help whatsoever from me.

I have been wanting to ask this question myself. I brought one home about a month ago. I do believe it is splitting a fourth time now. I just put it on the wrong rock. It has stuck with no help whatsoever from me.
It crawls and creeps all over the place Karen. I blew a few pieces off one rock with the new Jebao pumps and it stuck on another rock.

I am thinking that I will need to thin it. I have a nano and don't want it to get out of hand. I am wondering if there is a lfs around here who would buy or give me credit for so e.

We'll, I took one piece off the rock. Just removed it with my hands. It seems to be doing alright. I put it in the back of the tank on the sand for now. I am watching it to see how it does. Soon I will get a piece of rock to band it to so that it has something to grab onto.

OK, I have a way to get them off a rock. Grab them at the base with a pair of large angled forceps and with a fast snap they come right off the rock. I dumped them in a rubble and swapped/ sold them all. Now I don't have the tank that Xenia ate anymore, lol. I have a few in the the new Emporer and it seems to like nipping at them in the QT tank. If it'll only eat them, I'll keep a steady supply on hand.

The one I took off the rock seems to be doing alright, even though it does not seem to really like the new positioning.

OK, I have a way to get them off a rock. Grab them at the base with a pair of large angled forceps and with a fast snap they come right off the rock. I dumped them in a rubble and swapped/ sold them all. Now I don't have the tank that Xenia ate anymore, lol. I have a few in the the new Emporer and it seems to like nipping at them in the QT tank. If it'll only eat them, I'll keep a steady supply on hand.

The first coral I ever had was a WAY over priced Xenia frag I placed it in my tank and my 6 line wrass immediately swam over and ripped it from its rock and ate it.

Back in the 80s a any type of Xenia was in the $80-$150 range. Fast forward a few years and I find myself in Eliat Israel. On my way home I stop by the Red Sea with my bags and a styro box and I snag about 30 pieces, seal the box and make my flight home, all of them made the trip since I was on a flight into Dover AFB. I'm guessing that some of the stuff today is from those pieces I brought back with me. There are hundreds of thousands of them in that area for thousands and thousands of metres.

Back