Xenia Question

Adrastos

not getting a free ride
Amy and I came back from a week in Florida to find the main pump no longer working (clogged) in the tank. I don't think it was without water flow for no more than 24 hours since we had someone coming over to feed the cat and check on the tank - they would have called if the pump wasn't working. So we had a max of 24 hours with little to no water flow (atleast I am hoping that was the max).

Our large Xenia has almost completed it's splitting - but now we notice what looks like small "bubbles" on the stalk of some of the Xenia - I have been trying to do some research to try to find out what they are with not much luck. They are only on the stalk that has split (now into four heads). Any ideas what they might be?

The Frogspawn, Zoo's and other Xenia's show no worse for wear...

Dont know what they are Abrastos,but my Xenia's got the same bubbles.They dont seem to bother the xenia any,its still growing like weeds.

From one interesting website on coral illnesses - it seems to be a natural occurance that is commonly mistaken as a disease. Something to do with skeletal anomalies...

I just read a artical on this very thing about a week ago, they said the bubble looking things on the stalk is were its opening up to make more arms, so basicly its just reproducing even more. Hopefully thats the case for you, keep us posted on it, and keep a eye out for more little arms coming out. Good luck.

I'll let you know! It has been pretty neat watching this big branch split - It is almost complete and it looks like our one large branch will now be 7 small ones.

Its nothing to worry about Ad it splits to make footing and reproduce mine do the same thing and yes bobby you are correct the bubbles are new branches. Congrats!!

Back