Xenia

Piggy

Reef enthusiast
I have a Xenia that is splitting real good. So what I did is placed a rock next to it to get it to spread so I can give my sister a piece. So here is my question. One piece has split into four. One of the pieces has gone onto the rock that I placed by it. They haven't fully seperated but it's getting close. Can I cut them apart or do I need to wait for them to seperate on there own? I'm going to visit her this weekend and I would like to take her a piece.

I have helped them split before. it won't hurt anything. you will be surprised how easy they come apart. you can also use a razor blade to slice them apart.

Yes,you can use a razor blade to split them.I'm not sure how well they will do in your sister's tank.Most people who frag keeps the frags in a frag tank with similar water chemistry as there display so they can recover first.I have a hundred of them for your sister though.

once you smell them, there's no way you could mistake it for string cheese. the smell xenia makes when you frag it makes me want to puke!

Back