Xenia

Try to keep it isolated if you dont want it to spread all over. If it can touch another rock it will attach and split and now you have 2. Before long it can be a pain. I let mine get out of control and for reasons unknown, some patches thrived while others didnt. I assume since I had multiple other softies in there that they were waging a chemical warfare on each other. What kind of xenia is it? While they are considered a beginner coral and sometimes a pest, the pulsing xenia is one of my favorite corals to watch as it flaps its hands like crazy. Neat stuff.

I hear they like dirty water, Cold water, lots of flow, no flow, lots of light, Low light, iodine. I had them before and they just melted away to nothing. a friend gave me some and they are doing fine. I cant explain it. So what works for some may not work for you. What works for you may not work for me. The only 2 things i did the 2nd go around is i kept a better eye on my pH making sure it stays at a constant level using buffers or the 2 part solution. also using some iodine once a week.

Back