Xenia

jahel318

Reefing newb
Can you glue Xenia directly to live rock in a display tank using cyanoacrylate adhesive? They seem too soft like a jellyfish. A friend gave me 5 stalks and the youtube videos I've seen shows people tying the stalks down to a small piece of rock and then placing them in the tank. I'd prefer to anchor them down directly to the liverock instead. Any tips??

Yup. Tie them, rubberband them or use a needle and thread and sew them onto a rock. Glue won't work, they're too slimey.

and after they snot like a tuberculosis hospital with the flu don't be disappointed about how much smaller they are....it will come back....

I always put each piece in a shotglass with a few pieces of rubble, cover with wedding veil fabric and put it in relatively low flow...after it attaches to a piece of rubble you can glue the rubble where ever you want it....

For soft corals, you would have better success with MitchReef's suggestion.
Glue is almost impossible with soft corals.

And rubber bands/fishing lines are iffy. I have tried that on several softies and they either managed to wiggle out (not tight enough) or they ended up splitting (too tight).

Back