ya baby

Patzig

welp, that didn't work..
Hello,

Very new to this hobby, not gonna lie I'm pretty stoked about it. Just got my live rock put in yesterday!

specs:
29g tank
165w coralife dual fixture
20-50g aquaclear powerhead
100w heater
CPR Bakpak 2 bio filter/protein skimmer

DSCF0348.jpg

can't wait to get some fish in there...

welcome:Cheers:
Off to a good start,you may want to look at another option for holding your lights,it looks kinda dangerous:shock:

Welcome to the hobby and congrats on a great looking start! Just remember to go slowly and research everything.

Thanks for all the support...I can't imagine what I'll do once I get fish in there. I'm already starring at it for 2 hours a day lol. I'll probably start with damsels and then a clown fish later. 2 questions: how many smaller fish(clowns, damsels) do yall think I could appropriately fit in the tank as it is? Also, I heard you need at least a 50g for a tang. Anyway I could get a tang in mine, or would that be cruel? Thanks

Welcome to the site!

You're tank is too small for a tang unfortunately, but there are some great fish that you can get for a tank that size. You are probably only looking at getting 3-4 fish so make sure you make good choices as to what you want to keep.

The general rule of thumb in saltwater is 1 fish per 10 gallons. More if they are small fish, less if they are big fish. Unfortunately, any type of tang is off-limits for a 29 gallon tank. Tangs swim a ton, and need at least 4 feet of swimming space.

Back